Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 28th, 2012 05:00

OptiPlex 7010 XP Mass Storage Driver

Hi!

I've been struggling all week with the XP Mass Storage Driver for the OptiPlex 7010 without any luck! (Windows XP)
Does anyone any idea which Driver and Driver model I shall choose for a 7010, with the SATA Operation set to "AHCI" ?
My first guess was "the same as 790" but I was out of luck!

Im using the Driver Cabs from Techcenter!

Thanks in advance!

July 15th, 2012 14:00

The OptiPlex 7010 has been out for a while now, and no one has the same issue?

Seriously??

1.1K Posts

July 15th, 2012 22:00

Hi Johan,

I don't have a 7010 handy, but am asking for the information.  

Thanks,

Warren

July 16th, 2012 01:00

Thank you Warren.

I will be in deep trouble if I can't sort this mess out.

If you can't get a hold of a 7010, I would glady send you one to try out?

4 Posts

July 19th, 2012 02:00

I've found the driver on the Lenovo site. File is called g3ia06ww.exe and contains the right F6 driver. Select the "Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

4 Posts

July 19th, 2012 03:00

support.lenovo.com/.../detail.page        to download page

I mean, from the SCCM perspective!

Also, I found the *.exe file, so need to help there!

4 Posts

The model is Optiplex 7010 and yuo shud select the "Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller" from the list of controllers after pressingf the F6 and used the floppy created from the Lenovo file.

Yes I understand that, but in SCCM you first need to choose the correct driver, then choose the correct model for that driver.

Look at this prinscreen:

http://blogs.technet.com/blogfiles/deploymentguys/WindowsLiveWriter/SCCM2007SP1andWindowsXPServer2003MassSto_EAB6/IMSM%20screen%20shot_2.jpg

Thanks, just to make sure:

Whats the model?

And what's the driver?

Also, It would be much appreciated if you could link to the Lenovo driver, as their website is horrible! :)

4 Posts

July 19th, 2012 04:00

I have not used it in SCCM so I dont know whats the alternatives are. Should be something like Intel(R) 7 Series i suppose. Thats whats in the inf file.

July 19th, 2012 04:00

Okay! I sincerely hope there isn't a large amount of options then :) It will take forever otherwise!

But anyway, thanks man!! Thanks to you I at least know which driver to use :)

1.1K Posts

July 19th, 2012 23:00

The method I use for absolute verification (and to update the XP Mass Storage Reference  page) is to

1. Grab the Hardware ID for the mass storage device. Easy to grab from device manager if the system has an OS on it.  Possible with extra tools from WinPE.

2. Look at the driver files for the mass storage controller and

3. Open the iaAhci.inf if you are using the AHCI controller or open the iaStor.inf if you are using RAID.

4. Near the top of the file will be variables that match hardware ID's.  Find your hardware ID and note the variable (the variable will usually include some or all of the hardware ID).

5. Scroll to the end of the file and there will be a list of variables with the friendly names.  Match your variable to a friendly name and you have your Model

6.  The Driver title is usually the first friendly name with a full variable in the friendly name list.

If you can't find the Driver and Model this way...it can't be found.

Thanks,

Warren

July 31st, 2012 03:00

Didn't help.. Keeps rebooting after blue screens..

Will deploy Win7 on it, and try Warren's suggestion.

July 31st, 2012 06:00

Okay, so I tried out Warren's suggestion.

Still no good...

I have verified the driver sin Windows 7, and its is the ID "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc"

The friendly name for that is "Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller" just like Sir P suggested above in this thread.

The driver I am using, is in the OptiPlex 7010 XP Cab Package found on this site.

Sir P suggested a driver from Lenovo.
But the very same one (at least the name) was found in the driver CAB from this site.

BIOS is set to AHCI, so no confusion there...

There is nothing wrong with the XP image, as the very same works with every other models.

I would really appreciate the help now, as I cannot order more 7010's until this is fixed.

My corporate business install approx 10-20 machines per day, and this problem is not acceptable!

Please, someone, get to the bottom with this!

August 8th, 2012 05:00

I would like to bump this thread, as this is getting ridiculous!!

I even tried disabling AHCI, just trying ATA and it's still getting the bluescreen.

Tried installing XP manually, with the Dell driver (from the cab) via floppy, and the OS worked as it should.

The XP *.wim works for every other model, so there's no problem with it.

No Events found!