Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

December 28th, 2009 08:00

Category search box ??

Hi,

the old forum had a search box on the right that for each category only searched that category.

now the search box on the top right by default searches the whole of ECN.

Could you please bring the additional category search box back ?

I realize that I can get the same result with advanced search but I found it very awkward to scroll through all the categories since all of ECN is listed and the support category are quite some way into the list.

What do others think ?

thanks

Rainer

147 Posts

December 30th, 2009 08:00

could we please get a feature request opened for this ?

Rainer

447 Posts

January 4th, 2010 07:00

Speaking of the URL, here's what it should look like:

https://community.emc.com/search.jspa?

resultTypes=BLOG_POST&

resultTypes=DOCUMENT&

resultTypes=MESSAGE&

resultTypes=BLOG&

resultTypes=COMMUNITY&

resultTypes=TASK&

resultTypes=PROJECT&

resultTypes=SOCIAL_GROUP&

resultTypes=COMMENT&

peopleEnabled=true&

communityID=2537&

q=Java

You can see the unique identifier for the current forum in the communityID parameter.  The "q=Java" is the actual search string I entered.

447 Posts

January 4th, 2010 07:00

Hi Rainer,

by default, the Search box should only be searching the content of your current forum.  I know it also broadens the search to suggest other types of content, like People and other forums, but the actual searched threads should only come from forum you're in.

For example, from this thread's page I ran a search for "Java" and got no content results, though there are obviously many threads in other forums with this string.

Do you not see this behavior? If not, can you send me a screen shot?  I'd also like to see the resulting URL the search creates for you.

Thanks,
Erich

No Events found!