Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 18th, 2009 12:00

How do I find the model number for an EMC storage system?

Hi everyone,

I'm quite new to EMC products, and are wondering how I can find the model number for my EMC storage system. I can't find it anywhere. I can only find the serial number (S/N) and P/N.

I have tried to register the serial number for my (Clariion?) system on the powerlink pages, but it say's it cant find the serial number in the records (or something like that).

And one more question; I can get all of the software needed to set up this new system with an powerlink lite account, right?

Regards,
Erik

4 Posts

May 18th, 2009 13:00

Hi, Julie

Thank you for a quick reply!

This is a refurbished system, and is not bought from a EMC reseller. From what I can see, I can't upgrade the account without linking it to a reseller or EMC customer... ? Can you upgrade the account for me?

2 Intern

• 

305 Posts

Hello eriso

You may need to upgrade your Powerlink registration to customer. If you've already done this then it may take a little while for your registration to be upgraded. You're still appearing as a Lite registration here in the forums.
Julie
Forums Admin

4 Posts

I found my model number :) I found it on a tiny sticker at the back (not at the top with the other S/N & P/N). I have a CX300.

I managed to register my system at Powelink. The page says: "By registering your CLARiiON, you get instant access to easy-to-use tools to plan, install, maintain, and service your CLARiiON storage system. Registration entitles you software updates, installation tools, and more."

...but I still can't see any software and documentation for this system. Can anyone help?

2 Intern

• 

305 Posts

May 18th, 2009 14:00

Hello eriso

I can't upgrade your Powerlink account. I'll raise this in general within EMC but there's not going to an answer fast enough for your needs. I suggest you send an email to support@emc.com explaining your situation.

Julie

4 Posts

May 19th, 2009 06:00

Hi,

Thank you for raising this within EMC. I might think that several users struggle with this.

I'll contact EMC support and check if they can upgrade the account, or provide me with software.

Regards,
Erik
No Events found!