This post is more than 5 years old

D

2 Intern

• 

294 Posts

October 2nd, 2017 07:00

ASM/ME 5.0 on Windows Server 2016 Core

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can please help me set up smart copies (both snapshot and replication) schedules on Server Core.  

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2 Intern

• 

294 Posts

October 2nd, 2017 10:00

Oh, I forgot to mention this...  This is a three node Windows Failover Cluster.  

I'm trying to execute this:

asmcli -smart -component="Test" -shadowtype=transportable -backuptype=copy -snapshottype=snapshot -keepcount5

But this is the error message I'm encountering:

Warning: Verifying remote EqlASMAgent service access failed for passive node(s): ' '. ASM/ME will be unable to perform iSCSI login and logout actions to targets on the passive nodes for restore, unmount/logoff, and delete actions.

Check your cluster configuration and verify that node(s): ' ' are running, on-line, and reachable from this computer. Check whether your firewall settings are blocking access between the cluster nodes. Also, make sure that ASM is installed and properly configured on these cluster nodes.

Cannot create Smart Copy: Copy backup type is not supported for the volumes or components specified for this Smart Copy

----------

So I'm trying to figure out how to change the service account, but I couldn't find a command that does this.  Any ideas?

Still trying to figure out how to create smart snapshots/replcas on a schedule...

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 2nd, 2017 18:00

Hello, 

The first steps I would suggest are making sure that every node has the HIT/ME software installed, and that all the nodes have access to the vss-control volume for that group.  Located under Group Configuration->VSS/VDS tab. 

Make sure there is snapshot reserve available.  

Otherwise I would suggest opening a support case so they can look at it directly 

Regards,

Don 

2 Intern

• 

294 Posts

October 3rd, 2017 06:00

Hi Don,

The IQNs are in the VDS/VSS AccessPolicy and all three servers have the same HIT Kit version which is 5.0.  

It looks like I'll have to open a support ticket.

Thank you.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 3rd, 2017 07:00

Hello, 

You are most welcome.  Sorry I didn't have a better answer. 

Don 

No Events found!