Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 27th, 2016 10:00

Invalid Address on PS5000

I have 2 ps5000 disk arrays I want to re-purpose. I removed them from the pool and group and uninstalled them from the backup center where they had been installed.

I moved both arrays to a different location and interconnected one of them. I have made connections from both controllers to 2 switched in a highly available configuration. It is on the same vlan that it was on at its previous location.

When I power on the array on invalid address led flashes amber. I am assuming this is a problem but haven’t been able to locate any documentation that describes the issue or how to trouble shoot it.

The ID indicator is set to 4 on this chassis. I haven’t found any documentation on how it should be configured. Is this related to the invalid address indication?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to address this or can point me to documentation that could help define and resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 27th, 2016 10:00

Hello,

Can you post a pic of the "Invalid Address" LED?  

The Chassis ID number doesn't serve a purpose on EQL arrays.  

Can you connect to the serial port on these arrays?  

When you removed them, did you remove them from the Group first?    Just physically removing them from the group is not the proper way to remove members.

Regards,

Don

14 Posts

April 27th, 2016 14:00

Thank you for your reply.

I have booted the system again and watch it for a few minutes. After the array had been up for a few minutes the Invalid Address LED turned off. All of the LEDs display green.

Since the array appears to be performing normally, I am planning on configuring it with the Remote Setup Wizard. I’ll reply back if I have additional issues.

For historical purposes, here is my response to your questions:

I’ll post a pic if possible.

I haven’t attempted to connect to the serial port at this point. The plan is to configure with the Remote Setup Wizard.

Using the Equallogic Group Manager, I removed the member from its pool, and the member from the group, before physically removing the member from the group.

Thank you again for your assistance.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 27th, 2016 14:00

Hello,

You are very welcome.  Glad it worked out for you.   No worry about the pic, if you're able to get it set up correctly again.

Don

No Events found!