Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

8 Posts

July 8th, 2019 04:00

NAS Container reporting in Powershell?

We have two PS6510 for SAN and a FS7610 for NAS in a group. With HIT tools you get PowerShell cmdlets to interrogate the SAN volumes etc. I'm after the "Group configuration - NAS Cluster information aka NAS reserve free space etc. Under NAS Local Containers aka volumes/shares on SMB for reported size and total used. Does a facility exist to get this information via PowerShell? Like I say HIT tools just seems to be for SAN volumes, this shows me the SAN volumes for the NAS but not inside. The FluidFS software seems to talk about Compellent/DSM etc. Where can I and what specifically do I need to get this information in PowerShell, I'm trying to get it for some reporting.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.5K Posts

July 8th, 2019 10:00

Hello, 

Looks like I need to backtrack. PowerShell CMDlets appear to be only for the SC FS8600 series NAS, not the EQL 76xx series.  

Sorry. 

Regards,

Don 

3 Apprentice

• 

1.5K Posts

July 8th, 2019 10:00

Hello, 

Yes PowerShell is supported as of v3.x FS firmware. 

There is also a specific FluidFS forum as well 

https://www.dell.com/community/FluidFS/bd-p/Fluid-FS

I am looking for more information, but I believe you can use some of the standard PowerShell NAS cmdlets on FS. 

Regards,

Don 

8 Posts

July 9th, 2019 02:00

The EQL 76xx series do seem a little isolated in this sense.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.5K Posts

July 9th, 2019 04:00

Hello, 

Somewhat yes.  The SC line with DSM allows more much more integration into FluidFS directly. 

Regards,

Don 

No Events found!