Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 12th, 2015 14:00

SMI-S Protocol Support for Equallogic PS Series SANs

Hello, I was wondering if there is a timeline set for this feature to be available for PS series SAN. I recently purchased a PS 6100X SAN and looking to configure it with Azure Site Recovery. ASR requires SAN to be configured with SMI-S protocol within the SCVMM. 

Any update you can provide will be very helpful. 

Thanks. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 12th, 2015 15:00

Hello,

If you are looking for SCVMM support the provider for that, is included in the HIT/ME software. v4.7.1 is the current version.

This document has more info:

en.community.dell.com/.../download

Regards,

Don

4 Posts

May 13th, 2015 06:00

Hello and Thanks for your prompt reply. I have the HIT V4.7.1 install and I know about the support for SMP provider but I am specifically looking for SMI-S protocol which is needed for Azure Site Recovery. Do you know if Dell is planning on supporting that feature for Equallogic in their future releases??

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 13th, 2015 10:00

Hello,

Sorry, but no there are no plans to support the SMI-S protocol natively on the EQL storage platform.

Don

May 13th, 2015 14:00

Milan84...

I could have sworn there was an option to use both SMI-S and SMP for ASR.

4 Posts

May 13th, 2015 15:00

Great, glad to hear that there is a slight hope in my journey. Thanks a bunch for that. I have not completely gone through my configuration yet so I will for sure look into it. I have send few different emails to ASR support team but haven't got any response from them. I will post my findings here.

No Events found!