Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 3rd, 2016 00:00

SyncRep snapshot reserve

We upgraded our Equallogic array from firmware 7.1.9 to 8.1.1. After this upgrade we had a lot of volumes telling us the snapshot reserve for synrep was above warning level and that we need to increase the snapshot reserve. Some volumes are very small and i need to increase the snapshot reserve to 100% to correct the warning. Is this normal behaviour, or is this corrected by disabling and enabling the syncrep? Does anyone know if there are best practices about snapshot reserve size for syncrep volumes? Thanks in advance....

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 3rd, 2016 07:00

Hello,

During the upgrade, the members were out of touch.  Once re-synced they'll be a backlog which uses snapshot reserve.  That's my best guess.

Best suggestion I have is to get array diagnostics from all members and open a support case so they can investigate this.  

Re: best practices.  Unfortunately no.   Since all environments/volumes are different.   The higher percentage of writes means you'll need more reserve.  If you want to keep more snapshots you need more reserve.    There's no overall 'best',  it's what works best for you.

Regards,

Don

8 Posts

February 3rd, 2016 08:00

Thanks Don, i wil open a support case.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 3rd, 2016 09:00

You are very welcome!

Don

No Events found!