Ravi_Shankar
1 Copper

Re: Ask the Expert: Maximize the Benefits of Your EMC Online Support Experience – Tools, Tips and Tricks

That's feels a great idea . Being an end customer , I thought this was already in place but anyway its good to have them if its not there .

0 Kudos
brant_harmon
1 Nickel

Re: Ask the Expert: Maximize the Benefits of Your EMC Online Support Experience – Tools, Tips and Tricks

Hello luoyRNd9GC1256115569508,

As that would be an internal process for employee access, please feel free to email me directly with this question.  I would have emailed you, however your ECN user information does not show your name.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Paconet1
2 Bronze

Hi Everyone

in Almost all cases I have received the excellent services

but   I have some questions about the cases

1.- if I am not satisfied with the service of engineer that support me, How could I change the engineer to take the case?

2.- If the engineer don't show me  he causes of issue, how could I ask it?

because I need to fill out a report about the causes of issue

3.- I rarely I don't receive an answer about the following about the case, I create a case, I received an answer, the answer says that I need to communicate with another person (not engineer), I send the email but I haven't received an answer

who could I help to following the case? (not engineer, sales people for example)

I have a case that I haven't received an answer, (not engineer, sales people) who could I help me with the case?

My case is 73157022

Thanks

0 Kudos
RRR
5 Tungsten

Hello team,

in the "view and manage company information", "manage sites", "contacts" list, I can see the "dial home - primary" and "dial home - alternate" and the information listed is correct for business hours, but I'm missing the "after hours" (or 24 hour) contacts. I think this information was there before, but I was triggered by an SR last weekend and EMC tried to call the business hours primary contact instead of the after hours contact. After they couldn't get somebody on the phone, they sent an email, which nobody responded to, since we only monitor the after hours telephone. So EMC finally called me on my mobile phone and we lost about 20 hours from the initial attempt to contact us.

I wonder if EMC still has the 24 hour contacts on record and why is it that I'm not able to see these?

And as a site admin, it would be great if I could add or change contacts or telephone numbers myself. I can add new contacts, but not telephone numbers if I'm correct. It would be great if I can maintain contacts myself.

0 Kudos
brant_harmon
1 Nickel

Re: Re: Ask the Expert: Maximize the Benefits of Your EMC Online Support Experience – Tools, Tips and Tricks

Hello Francisco Reyes,

Thank you for your inquiry.  Here are my responses to your questions in line below:

(1) If I am not satisfied with the service of engineer that support me, How could I change the engineer to take the case?

If you are not satisfied, you can call EMC Technical Support at 800-782-4362 and ask for a manager, or a workflow manager for the product group of your Service Request. Then you can explain to them the situation, and they can work with you to get your service request reassigned accordingly.

(2) If the engineer don't show me he causes of issue, how could I ask it?  …because I need to fill out a report about the causes of issue.

It is certainly your right to ask for root cause of the problem. Simply ask the support engineer for an explanation of the problem and the root cause. If the support engineer knows you need that information for your own issue reporting, they should be able to assist with the answer.

(3) I rarely I don't receive an answer about the following about the case, I create a case, I received an answer, the answer says that I need to communicate with another person (not engineer), I send the email but I haven't received an answer who could I help to following the case? (not engineer, sales people for example)

You can contact your local EMC rep to assist. I see that the district service manager (DSM) assigned to your site is Victor Avila (victor.avila@emc.com).  When viewing the Service Request in Online Support, you can click on the "Site Information" button on the top left of the Service Request Detail screen to view who your district service manager is.

I hope these responses were helpful.  If you have follow-up questions, please reply to this post.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
brant_harmon
1 Nickel

Hello RRR,

The Dial-home 24-hour contacts are still available in Online Support Company Administration.  In order to investigate your inquiry further, can you please email me directly and provide your site ID(s)?  Also, please email me from the email address that is linked to your Online Support account.

Thank you.

Brant Harmon

brant.harmon@emc.com

StephanieP1
2 Iron

Hi Ravi,

Since this Ask-the-Expert session ended, there has been an update to the attachment feature within Online Support. Please see our October Tip of the Month as well as this Online Support Blog post for more information.

Thank you and keep the feedback coming!

RobertoAraujo1
3 Argentium

Thanks for sharing this update Stephanie.

0 Kudos
Paconet1
2 Bronze

Thanks for your answer

0 Kudos