Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 25th, 2010 07:00

Changing the space assigned to snapshots on PS5000

THe people that set this device up are using too much space for snapshots that are not needed. I was currently at about only 49G free when I wen into most of the volumes and set the snapshot to 0% which gave me 1.07T of free space. THis space is still alloted to snapshots and not allowing me to create volumes through XenCenter, as it still only sees about 159G.
Is there a way to take the snapshot free space and make it available to the volumes, instead of being reserved for snapshots?

5 Posts

February 25th, 2010 10:00

I have a PS6000 that i am currently implenting. i believe that you can change the snapshot free space within the web management by going into group config -> defaults -> and changing snapshot reserve. This changes for the whole system. Hopefully that works.

February 25th, 2010 11:00

That only changes the default setting for when you setup a new volume. I am trying to recover the space that snapshot reserved was using. Currently my settings tell me that I have 20.9% reserved for snapshots and 21% free (which is about 1.07T), but when I try to create a drive through xenserver, it tells me that I only have 159G free; and that free space I have on the dell storage is snapshot free space. There has to be a way to reclaim that space so that xenserver can see it properly.

February 25th, 2010 12:00

Per Citrix, an ‘xe sr-probe’ command against the Storage Repository (SR) in question should perform a rescan.
Source: XenServer 4.1.0 release notes (when sr-probe was added):

A xe sr-probe CLI command has been added which performs a backend-specific scan using the supplied device_config parameter. If the device_config parameter is complete the command will return a list of the SRs present of this type on the device, if any. If the device_config parameter is partial a backend-specific scan will be performed, and results will be returned as backend-specific XML to guide the user in improving the device_config parameter.

Customer should, of course, refer to the admin guide for their specific version of XenServer for correct syntax.

February 25th, 2010 14:00

It could be xe sr-probe or maybe it is xe sr-scan, one of those two should work.
No Events found!