Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 23rd, 2016 00:00

MD1220 Firmware Update on Centos

Hi there,

I've got an R720xd wtih a H810 controller connected to an MD1220.  I can see the MD1220 and the disks installed via the MegaCli command and it looks OK.  On checking the firmware, I see that the MD1220 is running 1.01 and there is a 1.05 and a 1.06 update available.  I've never updated the firmware on these devices before so I don't know the correct way to do it and there was no documentation available.  A bit of searching around seemed to indicate that I just need to execute the bin file, so I made it executable and ran it.  It started OK and I went through the initial screens, but when I continued it just gave me the following:

# ./Firmware_03XVT_LN_1.05_A00.BIN
Collecting inventory...
/tmp/Firmware_03XVT_LN_1.05_A00.BIN-30594-23977/spsetup.sh: line 1108: ./sasdupie: No such file or directory

Inventory collection failed.

I've been unable to find any useful information on this to tell me where I'm going wrong.  Am I doing this all completely wrong?

Thanks,

Mark

• 

7.1K Posts

September 27th, 2016 10:00

Hello Mark,

When you downloaded the firmware file 1.05 if you compare the MDs file with the one on the website do they match? I have seen in some cases where the file didn’t download correctly and by downloading the file a second time it gets the files that are missing from the first download.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!