Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 23rd, 2013 06:00

SMcli for Linux - MD3600f

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone is able to help, I'm after a SMcli for linux in order to be able to monitor one of our new PowerVault MD3600f boxes.

I've managed to find a version on the net but it doesn't work, the error message is below, I've checked Dell drivers and it doesn't list anything for my product, any ideas?

The storage management software (version 10.75.G6.12) you are attempting to use is not compatible with the firmware on the RAID controller modules in Storage Array MD3600f.

If you have recently updated your RAID controller module firmware, you need to make sure that its compatible storage management software has also been installed on all clients connected to this Storage Array.

If the appropriate version is not available, please provide your Customer Support Representative with the following information.

RAID Controller Module firmware version: 07.84.44.60
RAID Controller Module appware version: 07.84.44.60
Device API version required: devmgr.v1084api04.Manager

SMcli failed.

• 

7.1K Posts

September 24th, 2013 09:00

Hello trevrobwhite,

What you need to do is to download the latest resource cd as it is compatible with Linux. Here is the link to download that you need for your version of firmware on your MD3600f. http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/powervault-md3600f?driverId=3RVWY&osCode=WLHS1&fileId=3209564113&languageCode=EN&categoryId=CD

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

September 25th, 2013 05:00

Worked a treat thanks.

No Events found!