Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

2 Posts

January 31st, 2019 02:00

Unable to discover dell scv2020 after factory reset

I have a Dell SCV2020 storage that needs to be configured from Factory Reset.

I used Dell management client as per dell's guide but couldn't discover Storage center, there is no error, it just couldn't detect.

I have used 'Direct connect' Method that is mentioned on same document (the link is below) but no success. 

I have used 'Dell EMC Storage Client Version 2016 R3.20' on windows 10 machine to discover the controller using Direct Connect. And can not found anthing. Discover using MAC Controller ==> Not Found any.

Can you help me?

• 

7.1K Posts

January 31st, 2019 08:00

Hello vt2phuc,

You will need to contact Copilot support so that they can use serial shell and run some commands on the controllers so that they can start the initialize again & make sure that they start correctly.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

2 Posts

February 11th, 2019 01:00

Thanks Sam, 

Sorry because we just had a holiday.

Can you help me how to contact Copilot support? As I known, my product is out of warranty.

Or can you guide me use serial shell and command with this storage?

• 

7.1K Posts

February 11th, 2019 09:00

Hello vt2phuc,

Here is the link to contact support.  With this issue that you have a tech will need to remote in to your controllers so they can see where in the serial capture that the controller is getting stuck. We only will access the controller and make changes while we have  you on the phone.

https://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/04/article/product-support/self-support-knowledgebase/dell-subsidiaries/compellent

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!