Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2010 21:00

Alienware M17x cannot install Intel's Turbo Boost Technology

I had to reformat my laptop in an attempt to get the ATI drivers working instead of the DELL video drivers.  In doing so I have come to the realization today that I didn't reinstall the Turbo Boost Technology.  My laptop is supposed to be able to go to a turbo mode at 3.06 GHZ however this isn't occuring so what this gaming laptop is meant to do it cannot.

If anyone has ever encountered this or something similiar involving the installation of this technology please let me know what you did so I can try it.

Thank you in advanced.

2 Posts

December 31st, 2010 20:00

I'm having the same problem.

I downloaded the turbo boost driver from support.dell.com

Turbo Boost Technology Driver  8/2/2010   1.1.1.1007, A00

Error:

This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

1 Message

February 16th, 2017 11:00

The turbo boost technology is integrated on the processor. Im not certain why they have this driver but when I called intel they said it was integrated and also you should be able to enable it in the bios. Intel stressed the policy to not overclock but if you're like me and want to know what the heck is going on when running a game or its crashing on you when youre overclocking, you might want to try these programs.

To monitoring the processor temperature, it appears as Package Temperature

Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)

downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-

To diagnostic the processor

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

No Events found!