Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 29th, 2011 08:00

Dell 1015 speakers

Hi!

I just bought a new dell vostro 1015 laptop. i installed an operating system windows 7. now i have a problem with the speakers. for example: when i´m listening to music, i can move the balance between speakers to the left or right, but when i set the balance only on the right speaker, the speaker doesn´t work. so only the left speaker works. does this means it has only one speaker installed? when i play a game that uses left and right channel, i can´t hear the sound that should be coming out of the right speaker(except with the headphones). so, if it has only one speaker, can i redirect the right channel to that speaker somehow??! because if i dont, it means that i cant even hear sound of the right channel!!

in speaker setup utility, there is only "stereo" option, and if i click "test", it plays a test sound on one speaker at a time and i can only here one speaker(left)

PLEASE HELP!!!

Boris :)

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

April 29th, 2011 17:00

does this means it has only one speaker installed?

The Vostro 1015 only has one speaker.

when i play a game that uses left and right channel, i can´t hear the sound that should be coming out of the right speaker

After you installed the new operating system did you install the audio driver? Windows has a basic driver that will allow your audio to work but will not have all of the features of the manufacturer's driver as supplied by Dell -- I believe it is this Conexant audio driver. The basic Windows driver might not recognize that your laptop has only one speaker and may be failing to combine the two channels into one .

2 Posts

April 30th, 2011 01:00

oh yeah!!! thanks, it works perfectly with the new driver!

greetings from slovenia! :)

Boris

No Events found!