Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 21st, 2012 05:00

Dell 15R 5520 Webcam

I installed Windows 7 in my Dell 15R 5520 (ubuntu version). Downloaded drivers from dell website. 
All of them are working fine but still i cant find any driver for its Webcam.
I tried Dell Webcam Central but Camera isn't working.
Moreover i can't see Imaging Devices in my Device Manager.
Please Help!!

July 19th, 2013 05:00

Dear all,

There's no need for the service tag number or any warranty claims. You don't need to have it examined by someone else.

The problem lies with the webcam cable which is a bit short in length. Whenever there's some jerk in handling the laptop, webcam connection gets disconnected and you won't see webcam in imaging devices. There isn't any driver for webcam. Just installing webcam central from Dell's website is enough.

The following procedure solved my problem.

You just need to remove the border covering from the top of screen and connect the white switch(in between mic and webcam). It'll automatically detect webcam and microphone. No need to shutdown your laptop. You can do it whenever you like. Avoid closing and opening of lid from the top center of screen as it loosens the connection and you need to repeat the above steps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuEkjKa3B1M

For removing the cover, get help from this video.

3:00 to 3:30 (Just remove the covering from the top. Put back the connection & No need to remove whole of it.)

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Faisal Dilbagh

Pakistan

July 21st, 2012 06:00

I installed Windows 7 in my Dell 15R 5520 (ubuntu version). Downloaded drivers from dell website. All of them are working fine but still i cant find any driver for its Webcam. I tried Dell Webcam Central but Camera isn't working. Moreover i can't see Imaging Devices in my Device Manager.

Please help.

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

July 21st, 2012 07:00

Hi  Faisal Dilbagh,

Welcome to the Community,

First try to restore  BIOS to default.Tap F2 on start up,on BIOS page press F9 to setup defaults,than press F10 to save and exit.After system restarts and loads to Windows check if Webcam shows up in Device Manager.

If it does not show up in device manager,run the Webcam Diagnostics,refer to this link below :

en.community.dell.com/.../3557.webcam-diagnostics.aspx

Did the webcam show in the symptom tree?

Any error messages?

Thank You

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 21st, 2012 12:00

Faisal Dilbagh,

Since this was posted twice, I joined the threads so there would not be different answers.

Rick

July 25th, 2012 15:00

Thanks for the update.

I restored BIOS to default but still there is no Webcam option in Device Manager. However while installing the drivers it failed to get any driver for USB2.0-CRW. Furthermore the layout of my diagnostics is different from the one shown in the link. I can't find the symptom tree.

Please Help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 25th, 2012 16:00

Faisal Dilbagh,

PLEASE READ AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT I ASKED, BELOW.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers i the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Also try running the Webcam Diagnostics

Any error messages?

Is the computer under warranty?

Rick

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

July 26th, 2012 03:00

Hi Faisal,

Since you've reinstalled Windows 7 make sure you install the drivers in the order given in the link posted by Rick.I've checked on your system model and it has  ePSA Diagnostics loaded on it,so you may not be able run the Webcam diagnostics.However access the diagnostics again.It will start running the Quick test automatically,press Esc key and run test on Cables.This should tell us if the Webcam is not getting detected in Device Manager due to loose cable connection.

Also you can download Dell Support Center  and run Custom Scan on PC Checkup for Video device which includes camera :

Refer to this link below for steps to download and run PC Checkup :

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?docid=388104#Issue4

Thank You

July 26th, 2012 05:00

RockSt☆r-Rick K,

Yes I installed Windows 7 myself as my pc is ubuntu version. Genuine windows 7 wasn't pre-installed. Yes i also installed the drivers in correct order.

I also installed Dell Webcam Central but it says " Please plug in the supported device."

The layout of my webcam diagnostics is different from the one shown in your link. Though i ran the test and all tests were successful. I can't find the symptom tree.

While running a drivers scan from Drivers Detective i found an error

USB2.0-CRW = Drivers not found.

Yes my Dell 15R 5520 is under warranty.

Thanks.

July 26th, 2012 06:00

Hi Roshan,

Yes the Drivers are installed in the correct order. I ran the tests on Cables and all test passed.

I also installed Dell Support Center as you said. Is Custom Scan under the Video devices there are:

1. AVI - AVI Test

2. Video Card - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

3. Monitor - Generic PNP Monitor

4. Video Port - Video Ports

There isn't any option of Webcam. Though all above 4 tests have passed. I have also updated my windows but webcam is still not working.

Thanks.

July 26th, 2012 09:00

Dear all,

I have installed the following drivers in the following order after installing Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Please guide me if there is any missing driver or if the order is incorrect. All these drivers were installed from Dell Official Website.

The model is Dell Inspiron 15R 5520. i7 3rd Gen., 8GB RAM, 1GB Graphic Card, 1TB HDD. Ubuntu Version.

1. Chipset

- Card Reader_Realtek_W7_A00_Setup-WWGKW_ZPE

- Chipset_Intel_W7_A00_Setup-2D89J_ZPE

- iMEI_Intel_W7_A00_Setup-TDR8M_ZPE

- USB3_Intel_W7_A01_Setup-0N1D9_ZPE

2. Intel Storage

- AHCI_Intel_W7_A01_setup-NG2K3_ZPE

3. Audio

- Audio_CNXT_W7_A00_Setup-X8MPY_ZPE

4. Video

- Video_AMD_W7_A01_setup-TCW15_ZPE

5. Ethernet

- LOM_Realtek_W7_A01_Setup-3CTPH_ZPE

- R291975

6. Quick Set

- APP_QuickSet_W7_A00_Setup-RYNXF_ZPE

- DellDigitalDelivery.Release.2.1.1000.0_ZPE

7. Wireless and Bluetooth

- DW1704_W7_A00_Setup-7G2GG_ZPE

8. Touchpad

- Touchpad_Elantech_W7_A01_Setup-PG1HX_ZPE

I'll again install Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit  for the third time and follow the above order for drivers. I hope my webcam works this time. Otherwise this expensive machine is useless for me.!!

Please Help as this is my first experience with Dell.

Thanks,

Faisal Dilbagh

7 Posts

July 29th, 2012 15:00

Dell- Roshan L,

I am having the same issue. when I launch dell webcam manager, it states that the webcam needs the driver. I do have it in the device manager under image devices, but I still cannot get the webcam manager to work without the dell driver. Why can't it be found?

jehaka

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 29th, 2012 18:00

jehaka,

Try reading the information below. When you answer the questions below, Roshan or myself can give you the answer on how to get the webcam back.

PLEASE READ AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT I ASKED, BELOW.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers i the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Also try running the Webcam Diagnostics

Any error messages?

Is the computer under warranty?

Rick

July 31st, 2012 05:00

My issue with webcam and its mic is still unresolved.

Please help.

7 Posts

July 31st, 2012 06:00

Rick,

Yes, I did put windows 7 enterprise as the operating system. I used the Dell driver disk (which it came with) and started at the top of the drivers list and worked my way down.

The webcam does show up under Imaging devices in device manager (system tree). It says it is working properly. The only error I get, if you want to

call it error, is when I attempt to run Dell webcam manager, it says that the driver for the webcam needs to be installed, and it won't run webcam manager and the driver is on the system disk which did not come with the laptop

The laptop is brand new. Inspiron 5520 15R

jehaka

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

July 31st, 2012 08:00

Hi  Faisal Dilbagh,

Was the system microphone working before you installed Windows 7? Is the Webcam still not getting detected in Device Manager?

Private message me your system service tag number.To private message click on my user name,click start conversation.I will check your system details and get back to you.

Thank You

No Events found!