Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 8th, 2011 20:00

Dell DataSafe Nag on L502X

Dell DataSafe Upgrade pop-up appears over the lower right corner of the Win 7 desktop. There is no option showing to close it either temporarily or permanently, And I do not wish to upgrade. Right now I do the Ctrl-Alt-Delete  and shut it down in the Task Manager dialogue. The machine is a new XPS 15 (L502X) and I have used the basic program to create my back-up. I need this pop-up to stop. Help anyone?

26 Posts

August 9th, 2011 16:00

I tried the following and it looks hopeful: I opened Task Manager; highlighted PCAngel Taskbar Notifier; right clicked and picked properties. I choose Minimize and the pop-up disappeared! I choose Maximize and the pop-up showed up at the top right hand side of the screen - in all its completeness! I picked the drop down at the lower right of the dialogue and there was a choice of don't show me this again! So I picked! So I am now waiting for that devil to show up! I don't think it would!!

3.8K Posts

August 9th, 2011 06:00

Hi Pran,

Welcome to the Community. You can disable Dell DataSafe from your startup. Click start, run, type msconfig, click on the startup tab on top, and uncheck Dell DataSafe, apply, Ok and restart your computer.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

26 Posts

August 9th, 2011 10:00

Hi Royan,

I did as you suggested. There is no entry for Dell DataSafe in the Startup (nor Services). The bothersome  issue is actually a program called "PCAngel Taskbar Notifier" as shown in Task Manager. It pops up over the notification corner and has no options like minimize, close, etc.  I can only shut it down via Task Manager.

It's trying to sell me the Premium Datasafe through blatant blackmail. please help.

No Events found!