Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 27th, 2012 02:00

Dell Inspiron 14z - print screen button does not work

Hi, I just bought a Inspiron 14z, and find that the print screen button doesn't work , I try to hit Fn and prtnScr many times , and try to paste into Paint or Ms Word . Any suggestions for my issue ? Thank you, TP

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

October 27th, 2012 03:00

Hi tuphan,

I suggest you to use the “prntScr” button only and try to paste the screenshot in Paint without using the “Fn”. Let me know your findings.

2 Posts

October 27th, 2012 14:00

Hi Rajath,

Yes, I tried use only prntScr , but it's still doesn't work. Anything else you can advice me  ?

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

October 31st, 2012 23:00

Hi tuphan,

Thank you for your reply and apologize for the delay in responding to your request. The prntScr key may have stopped working. To confirm this, please connect an external USB Keyboard and check if the print screen button works on it.

Please reply to this message with your findings.

1 Message

April 15th, 2013 12:00

Hi,

I have inspiron 14z ultrabook. I have the same problem of print screen key, it's not working

April 26th, 2013 05:00

Hi tuphan. I also had the same problem but have now solved it....kindly plug in an external usb key board,let your laptop configure. use the prinscr button on the external keyboard and paste on paint-it will work. now unplug the keyboard and use the prntscr button on your laptop. it should now work.

April 26th, 2013 05:00

tuphan press both Fn button and insert button. Fn button is between the windows button and ctrl button. that is a quarantee.

1 Message

September 29th, 2014 21:00

I’ve seen this kind of question before, and that person said he solved his problem by pressing the “Ctrl + Print Screen” keys. I don’t know whether this works for you or not. If it doesn’t, you can still try some screenshot tools like Free Screenshot Capture, GreenShot and ShareX. They are all free and provide other useful functions.

No Events found!