Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 8th, 2017 07:00

Dell Inspiron 15 (7559) - Laptop Powers on, Nothing appears on screen and Light indicator flashes White and Orange

Good Morning all,

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 (7559) Laptop.  When I went to go power on the laptop, the keyboard lights up, but nothing appears on screen.  I also noticed the "Battery Light" indicator on the laptop was flashing.  It would flash white four times and then flash orange two times.  In the beginning I thought my laptop had died so I went ahead and charged the laptop.  I was able to charge the laptop, so I'm thinking that the battery is still good.  I'm hoping someone out here on these forums can help me diagnose and resolve this issue before I contact tech support.  Any information you guys/gals can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

June 9th, 2017 00:00

Hello DBOY415,

It seems you are facing no POST situation. The battery LED flashing indicates to what maybe faulty in the machine.

If the sequence you have mentioned repeats, 2 amber blinks followed by 4 white flashes, it would mean a fault with memory. Further diagnosis maybe needed however, to understand the source.

You may try reseating the memory or swapping the slots. If there are 2 memory modules, then you may try 1 memory at a time in each slot to figure out if its a memory or a slot failure. Please review http://dell.to/2sapFN5 for instructions.

Should you require any further assistance, please send me direct message by clicking on my username with the service tag and contact details. If the machine is out of warranty please contact Out of warranty support at http://dell.to/1TD76I0.

3 Posts

July 2nd, 2017 10:00

Greetings DELL-Siba P,

Sorry for the delayed reply.  You are absolutely correct.  I actually figured this out right before you had replied to this message, when I removed the faulty memory module from the laptop.  Now the laptop works fine.  Now I have to find a replacement memory module for the laptop.  Thanks for your help, which I greatly appreciate.

Best Regards

Dboy415

No Events found!