Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 5th, 2011 09:00

Dell Latitude E6500 Bluetooth Not working?

Hi

I have a E6500 running windows 7 and cannot get windows to detect a bluetooth headset?

Has anyone had this issue and managed to get it working?

I have followed a number of tutorials that are on the web and manually updated the wireless 370 adapter as the automated solution using the SetupBtwDownloadSE.exe tool provided by broadcom fails with "Contact Dell Support"

As i test i tried my plantronics M100 device on my daughters mac and it connected and worked flawlessly in 3 seconds! this points to the device drivers/bluetooth stack used for the hardware installed on this machine?

Any assistance would be must useful

3 Posts

December 7th, 2011 08:00

Ok this is now working perfectly.

I ended up doing a complete reinstall of windows 7 i suspect this is an issue using the upgrade path from vista business to win 7 pro.

As soon as i did this and installed the same bluetooth drivers from dell my device connected and works perfectly with skype and windows.

Thanks for assist

934 Posts

December 5th, 2011 10:00

I am not familiar with your system but usually Bluetooth is optional when ordering a laptop:

1.Did you order your laptop with Bluetooth?

2.On my Dell laptop Bluetooth can be activated or deactivated via BIOS - check your BIOS settings

3.WiFi and Bluetooth are different technology and so use different drivers

4.Are the proper drivers for Bluetooth installed - do you have any exclamation marks in Devicemanager?

Service manual and user guide can be downloaded here:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

3 Posts

December 5th, 2011 11:00

Hi thanks for the reply I used the correct drivers supplied by dell downloads site and the Bluetooth light is on when the wifi switch is on The button next to the wifi switch does not do anything when the laptop is on or in windows. It lights up if pressed when the laptop is hibernating so I am not 100% as to what this button actually does? I tried many forums and suggestions and everything fails it appears win7 does is not scanning Bluetooth as no items are with question marks in dev manager and I don't even see the device when trying to add? According to the manufacturer of the Bluetooth device it uses the standard windows hfp hfs driver? However I cannot get anything? From seeing the Bluetooth light and seeing the device in device manager the. I can only assume that there is in fact Bluetooth installed

June 21st, 2012 08:00

bluetooth not work on my laptop now ,it was fine 3 weeks ago

June 21st, 2012 12:00

i can not install bluetooth drivers ,nothing appear after my trials to reinstall

June 21st, 2012 12:00

i can not install bluetooth drivers ,nothing appear after my trials to reinstall

No Events found!