Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 14th, 2016 20:00

Dell Latitude Rugged Tablet 7202 and HAVIS 602-02 Mobile Dock - Won't Charge

Hi Folks

I have a Dell Latitude Rugged Tablet 7202 and HAVIS 602-02 Mobile Dock that will not charge.

The original Lind Power Supply has the ID chip for 45 watts. HAVIS sent my a 90 watt cable. I can see the difference when I go to BIOS. Under battery one cable displays 45 watts the other 90 watts.

HAVIS tech support indicated the problem is Dell. I am hoping that I don't get bounced back and forth between Dell and HAVIS. 

Anyone have a similar issue?

NOTES:

Have ruled out the power source by using 2 different high quality regulated switching power supplies. These power supplies run sensitive electronics, the power is good.

When booting up in the dock the BIOS generates a message to select running without charging. In this condition the dock features all work perfectly, by the batteries can't be charged.

When the tablet is separated from the dock, charging with either cable (45/90 watts) charging is perfect.

2 Intern

• 

1.2K Posts

November 17th, 2016 03:00

Hi Larry 7202,

Thank you for reaching out to Dell Community Forum.

Are you not able to charge with the docking station?

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

1 Message

March 8th, 2017 05:00

What was the solution for this issue?  I am having a similiar issue getting the Havis 602 dock to charge the Dell Tablet.   I am getting "Alert! The AC power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined.  The battery may not charge.  The System will adjust the performance to match the power available. "

No Events found!