Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 1st, 2012 06:00

Dell Studio 1555 - No Boot, 6 Beeps.

Hi I've seen a similar thread here regarding a dell that wouldn't boot, my issue is slightly different.

I've today turned on my laptop, blank screen followed by a continuous 6 beeps, I've tried FN+Boot and this does the same, the laptop is out of warranty.

I've tried removing each of the RAM cards and trying in each slot, also removing the CMOS battery and each time I get the same 6 beeps. 

Does anyone have any ideas? The laptops only 2 years old its a bit ridiculous it is failing now, its in excellent condition.

Cheers

Dave

105 Posts

June 1st, 2012 10:00

Hi barneszilla123,

Welcome to the community

It’s quite unfortunate the system is not working and out of warranty.

6 Beeps means: Video BIOS Test Failure. Video card has failed you must consider replacing the motherboard as it is mounted on it.

Ravi Mohindroo

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

July 10th, 2012 15:00

Hi Ravi,

I'm having a similar problem. 6 beeps and the laptop is not booting up. I haven't tried to reseat the RAM yet. I own a Studio 1555 too with a ATI mobility Radeon 4570. My question is,  do you think its a problem with my video card or could it be a problem with something else??

Thank you very much for your reply ejn63.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

It sounds like it's the video chip - in which case, the mainboard needs to be replaced.  There is no separate video card.

3 Posts

July 25th, 2012 08:00

Hi. I have similar problem. Can anyone tell me the cost of replacing main board. Is it possible to replace only the chip?

July 25th, 2012 08:00

Unfortunately it is cheaper to buy a new laptop, a new MB costs around £250-£300

1 Message

December 22nd, 2012 14:00

i have a Dell studio 1555 from a friend with those video problem,

i have a hetagun and i used tis over the ATI Chip and the laptop is working.

becarefull if u use tis methode

warm the mainbord slowly and heat the ATI Chip tis methode of heating the chip never longer than 2 minutes

do you heat longer than 2 minutes or you warm first the mainbord then your mainbord dont wil work again.

for cooling your mainbord

you must cool de mainbord flat on the table if you the mainboard move the thin in the chip burns your chip from the inside and tis wil never works again.

greetings from a guy in holland

1 Message

November 30th, 2013 23:00

Hello guy in holland

I have the same problem... just got up and started up the system and the laptop is giving me 6 beeps and wont startup

I live in holland too ..... could you please help me with this problem.... I can contact you ..I am in Roermond

Regards

Srinath

No Events found!