Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 11th, 2017 17:00

Dell System Detect Showing Updates after they have been Installed

Hi,

This is my first post, so please be understanding.

When I run Dell System Detect on my XPS 13 9360 it tells me there are two downloads available, Chipset: Intel Management Engine Components Installer and Chipset: Intel Chipset Device Software Driver.

I have on a number of occasioins installed these components and received the messages:

Installation complete Restart required
2 drivers downloaded and installed successfully.

I have installed them from a browser and by downloading to a local drive and running the install from there.

The O/S is Win10 64 bit and I run the install as a local admin.

Any ideas why it presents the S/W every time I run System Detect?

Thanks in advance,

John

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

September 13th, 2017 17:00

:emotion-2:

Please check and see if the latest Chipset drivers were correctly installed in device manager. Type device manager onto the [Cortana] search box, stroll down to System devices and then expand it.  Right click Intel Management Engine Interface, select Properties, Driver, and then check driver version. Keep in mind, you can update driver to make sure you have the latest version.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

September 13th, 2017 17:00

And the chipset driver I believe is under Universal Serial Bus controllers:

Dell Inspiron 3543:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

September 13th, 2017 18:00

Lastly, If both drivers were correctly installed / or updated in device manager:

I suggest you uninstall Dell System Detect and then installed Dell Command | Update from your Dell Product Support page.The Dell utility allows you to automate driver, BIOS and firmware updates on your system. The tool allows you to keep your system up to date without you having to know every driver or update needed. It will automatically interrogate your system and compare it to the available updates on dell.com/support for your specific system. Please click on link below for additional information.

How to use Dell Command | Update to update all drivers ...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

To uninstall Dell System Detect:

Type Setting onto [Cortana] search box, click Apps, select Apps & features, and then uninstalled.

2 Posts

September 14th, 2017 01:00

Thanks for your posts. It appears that the issue isn't with Dell System Detect but with the Intel install files.

The current versions on my system are older than the updates.

I uninstalled the Management Engine and then extracted the two updates to my hard drive and manually ran them (using run as administrator). The interface said they were installed successfully but the version numbers didn't change. Checked again after a reboot and they were still the old version.

The interesting thing is that Apps and Features show today's date for the Management Engine Components. Maybe my chipset doesn't support the latest version.

I may lodge a case with Intel.

Thanks again for your help.

No Events found!