Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2010 20:00

Dell Vostro 1000 Battery Problem

Hi there.

I have a question regarding my Dell Vostro 1000's battery.

To start off, I did the recharge and discharge method and after that, when I disconnected the AC-Power, it only shows the "Total Battery Charge 100%" but the primary, it doesn't say anything. Plus, when it was unplugged, it stays at 100%. Few minutes later, it will drop to 7% and the Battery LED will flash orange to tell me that the battery is low.

And my Battery health is good, but why is Windows 7 not detecting the battery charge properly??

Snap-shot: http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/3992/dellbattery.png

And there is no calibration tool in the BIOS? so how can i fix this???

1 Message

December 6th, 2014 09:00

Good day

I know this is an old question 2010-10-19, but what was your solution to the Windows 7 Dell vostro 1000 battery problem?

Thank you

RH

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

December 6th, 2014 11:00

It is better to ask a new question, but most likely the answer was to buy a new battery and make sure it is a genuine dell replacement from Dell or use the laptop with the battery removed and the adapter always plugged in. 

It's not worth replacing the battery on such an old laptop now. Put the approx. $100 cost of a replacement battery towards a new computer.

5 Posts

December 6th, 2014 14:00

Hi there.

I just saw this notifcation in my E-Mail. Oh my, its quite an old post.

My solution? I ended up NOT buying a battery. It was too expensive for me and i'd be better off spending that money on a new Computer. At the time of this post, i already had saved money for building a Desktop. Even today, i am still using my Desktop. However, my Dell Vostro 1000 died on August 2012 due to a GPU failure. Pretty much i am done using the Laptop anymore.

If you still have this Laptop, i'd suggest you save that money for a new one. Its not worth replacing the battery at this point.

No Events found!