Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 20th, 2010 03:00

E6400 Fingerprint Logon Failure

I cannot log on to my laptop.  In the last couple of days I have have motherboard and speakers replaced by a Dell engineer, followed by assistance in reloading Windows 7 from fresh as well as all the drivers.  When using the security software to set up a fingerprint I got an error and could not seem to get past it.  When I restarted the machine an hour later I found I could not get past the authentication system (I think I made the mistake of setting fingerprint+password in the security ).  Is there any way I can resolve this.  I wondered whether in the extreme I might have to physically remove the internal hard drive and replace it, and then begin the whole process again.  But I wondered whether there might be another less costly solution.  Any help would be much appreciated as at the moment I can only use my daughters machine.

Chris W

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 20th, 2010 12:00

Chris,

It depends on which Finger Print program you have installed on the computer. I have DigitaPersona and I know there's a different one for some of the other computers.

You should still be able to log in using your password, with no problems.

When I switched frm Vista to Windows 7 64-bit, I used the Disk that came with the computer to install the software. I cannot remember if this was all I used or if I had to install Authentec AES2810 (Fingerprint Reader W7 64-bit)  for mine to work correctly.

You should reregister your fingerprints, usually after you wash your hands and do full swipes as it makes if read much better. My fingers crack in the winter, so I have to reregister my fingerprints to reflect the new scars on my fingers, but I mostly use the same finger.

Rick

No Events found!