Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 26th, 2012 05:00

E6410 Finger Print Reader Not working RN:02000051

Hello every one,

I was having Windows 7 x86 installed on my laptop and the finger print reader was working fine.

Then I installed Windows 7 x64 operating system on my laptop, All the driver are installed and defined correctly, but when I try to configure the Finger Print it's gives me the following error {RN: 02000051} "cannot dedict finger print reader, please connect a finger print reader and try agin"

however when I check my device from the same program "dell data protoction" it's shows that it's configured and I cn handel it by switched it off or on

I tried to uninstall "Dell Data Protection\DDPA_Setup_TDC1K_A06_64bits_ZPE.exe" and install it again but still have the same problem.

Kindly help me.

2K Posts

September 26th, 2012 22:00

Hi Mohamed Emam,

This could occur due to an issue with the drivers, let’s follow the steps below:

(1) Uninstall control vault, if it was installed just before this happened.

(2) Remove fingerprint reader from installed hardware

(3) Uninstall all other DELL Data Protection applications.

(4) Then restart the system and use the link below to download the new drivers:

http://dell.to/QoWI5R

(5) Restart the system.

I hope this will take care of the finger print reader.

14 Posts

October 7th, 2012 09:00

I try all the steps by the same sequence except the second step "(2) Remove fingerprint reader from installed hardware "

did you mean remove the hardare physicaly or not ? because I didn't removed it physicaly.

2K Posts

October 8th, 2012 03:00

Hi Mohamed Emam,

The Finger print reader can be removed by going to Device manager, detect the finger print reader software, right click and uninstall.

14 Posts

October 8th, 2012 06:00

Hi Kiran

Thank you for your help I did the exact step and now I got a difffrent error "RN: 02000067"

Is it related to the SW Version I isntalled on my machine should I try to do all the steps again and re-do it again but install the original drivers I downloaded from Dell.

Regards,

Mohamed Emam

14 Posts

October 8th, 2012 06:00

Hi Again

I try to uninstall and install useing the SW I already downloaded from the link you give to me.

And I came back to the first result RN:02000051

2K Posts

October 9th, 2012 03:00

Hi Mohamed Emam,

We have followed a few troubleshooting scenarios but it didn’t work, so the finger print reader might have failed. I request you to contact your IT team and get it replaced.

February 9th, 2013 21:00

Hi Mohamed,

Hope this is the error you are facing, inorder to resolve this issue kindly make sure that you have enabled TPM and owned the ownership in windows mode and then update firmware from the following link http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/in/en/inbsd1/DriverDetails/Product/latitude-e6410?driverId=46KM0&osCode=W764&fileId=3113376504   which would resolve your issue and reply back if issue still persist.

14 Posts

February 10th, 2013 07:00

Hi Jagadish,

unfortunately I couldn't test it because am using X64 OS windows 7.

February 10th, 2013 19:00

Not an issue, it works on both X64 & X86 platforms. You can go through my post on this issue and which would help for future assistance as well.

How to trouble shoot finger print reader using DDP {Dell Data Protection}

Needs to check before troubleshoot:

Step A1:  Check the TPM settings in BIOS {TPM should be enabled and activated}

Enable TPM

Activate TPM

Latest BIOS screen shot:  

Step A2: Checked the status in Device manager and it should appear as shown in the below image if hardware is working fine {Control Vault with Fingerprint and Broadcom TPM}

Step A3: Check the status in DDP Access as shown in the below image {TPM ownership should have taken to configure fingerprint}

After validating the above 3 steps then process troubleshooting with DDP Access.

Step B: Start troubleshoot according to scenario or errors like: trouble installing or configuration for the first time or trouble after using for over a period.

Steps to Fix the issue for the first time installation:

Customer may report “when I try to configure the Finger Print it's gives me the following error {RN: 02000051} "cannot detect finger print reader, please connect a finger print reader and try again"

Below screen Shot would help identifying error

Solution: To resolve the above issue follow the below steps:

Step B1: Ensure system has latest BIOS

Step B2: Update the Control Vault Firmware from the below link{ Note: TPM ownership password is required to update DDP Firmware}

Windows 7 64bit: www.dell.com/.../latitude-e6320

Step B3: Restart system and then configure finger print reader and it should be successful and if it fails then follow below troubleshooting steps.

Step B1a: Open Access home screen and click on Advance option at the bottom of the wizard as shown in the below image.

Step B1b: Click on reset system option as shown in the below image

Step B1с: Reset to Dell Factory Settings and then begin to configure finger print reader from home screen.

Step C: If the issue occurred after using for over a period or trouble after using for over a period.

Step C1 : Follow B1a, B1b and B1c and configure if fails then continue with below troubleshooting steps.

Step C2: Uninstall DDP from control panel.

Step C3 : Uninstall Control Vault and TPM from device manger.

Step C4 : Deactivate and disable TPM from BIOS and then log on to windows and then ensure uninstallation and then reboot system again.

Step C5: Update BIOS to latest version.

Step C6: Download and install DDP 2.2 or latest version

Step C7: Take TPM ownership

Step C8: Update latest firmware for DDP.

Step C9: Restart and configure finger print reader.

Click the Developer’s Link for more troubleshooting tips :  www.wave.com/.../dell-data-protectionaccess-ddpa-support-articles

14 Posts

February 12th, 2013 08:00

I try all those steps but I still got the same error

February 14th, 2013 22:00

may i know the status of the biometric in device mange if possible attach screen shot.

14 Posts

February 23rd, 2013 08:00

kindly find attached capture screen

February 23rd, 2013 19:00

Thanks for posting the screen shot of the error message, can you please also send the screen shot of the Biometric and Control vault status in device manager..?

February 23rd, 2013 20:00

Solution: To resolve the above issue follow the below steps:

Step 1: Ensure system has latest BIOS and TPM is enabled and activated in BIOS under security option.

Step 2: Update the Control Vault Firmware from the below link{ Note: TPM ownership password is required to update DDP Firmware}

Windows 7 64bit: www.dell.com/.../latitude-e6320

Note: To update Firware you need to take ownership in DDP. To take ownership open Access and click on Advance option at the right bottom of the wizard and then click on Device tab and then click on Take ownership and then enter new password { Not windows password }

No Events found!