Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2015 13:00

Extreme lag after hibernation on new Dell Inspiron i7559???

Hi I recently bought the Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK and I’ve been having an issue with lag/freeze after leaving the laptop in hibernation for 1-4 hours. Every time I leave the computer on hibernate and open it up again I would get these computer freezes where every 7-10 seconds the computer will freeze up and whatever I do (ex: move mouse/type) would happen 4-5 seconds later. This lag makes the computer impossible to use after hibernation. Once I restart the computer it is back to its normal speedy performance. I was wondering if anyone had this issue before and what are some possible fixes for this.

-Thanks!

I can’t seem to figure out the problem going on, I had suspected it was the hard drive turning off but even after tweaking the battery settings so that it won’t turn off the hard drive this lag after a long hibernation still happens. (Computer Specs: Gtx 960M, SanDisk Z400s M.2 2280 256GB (SSD), I5-6300HQ, Windows 10 Home, 8GB Ram)

1 Message

November 13th, 2015 01:00

I don't have an answer however I have discovered the same problem. Extreme and very regular lag after hibernation. I've had the new system for a day and almost returned it after seeing this. I can live with restarting it every time although it would be nice to see a reply from dell with a possible solution. 

5 Posts

November 22nd, 2015 04:00

I've just received my laptop 4 days ago. Been experiencing the same computer freezes since day 1. Has there been any other solution besides restarting the computer?  

November 29th, 2015 10:00

I also got one of these from Amazon, same issue since day 1 also. I have called support, all drivers and software is up to date. They have "no record" of this issue. Therefore, I am returning this junk. I love how they assert this is an unknown issue, yet MANY posts have been made both here, on tomshardware.com and amazon.com all reporting this SAME issue.

Seems likely that Dell is hiding from something, which is why I have decided I need to return this. I cannot afford to pay for Dells mistakes.

My suggestion is to Return the device and buy something else that works. Dell is not addressing this issue, therefore, not returning it will mean you are stuck with a laptop that has to be rebooted all the time (sucking up battery every time)

I wanted this laptop, I love the battery size and features, too bad it doesn't work correctly. I am very irritated by Dell's inability to even get this issue on the radar. It makes me want another brand.

No Events found!