Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 20th, 2011 04:00

Forgot to add the backlit keyboard for my XPS 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just ordered the XPS 15 online and the order is still in process. Later I found out that the backlit keyboard is an option, not standard. I would love to know whether Dell can help me add that option to my order. I do not want to receive a XPS without backlit. If there is anything I can do?

THX

3.6K Posts

February 20th, 2011 04:00

At this point no you can't add the option.You can call and try to cancel order,if not,you have 21 days to return and you can reorder with the option.There is a return charge by doing this but since you forgot to add all the options you wanted they might not charge you?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

February 20th, 2011 06:00

Cancel and reorder.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

February 20th, 2011 10:00

If you have to ship the system back, there is a restocking charge of 15% plus shipping both ways.  You may be able to negotiate, but they will insist on a return before a replacement is processed.

If your order hasn't shipped, the most efficient way to deal with it is to cancel the order now and place a new order.  Any other route will cost more, take more time, or both.

2 Posts

February 20th, 2011 10:00

Thank you for your reply. I just forgot to add the backlit keyboard. If I dicide to return the product once I receive that within 21 days, will Dell only ship me the new one once they get the return product? I am guessing it should take a lot of time waiting again. What is the charge for return? I do need a laptop quickly as my last Dell xps studio 13 is broken. People can hardly live without computers.

Thank you

No Events found!