Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 17th, 2010 19:00

I'm worried about my studio 1557

To dell tech support: 

Hi, not so long ago, i was looking for a laptop, which i could use for like 3-4 years, i knew that getting an insane system would be impossible, i was also running away from igps (specially intel ones), as i'd like to try to do some computing on the gpu (and why not, some gaming), i checked many systems, and in dell mexico's webpage, i saw the studio 1557, really nice hardware at an affordable price (core i7 + a not so cheesy gpu + ddr3+ the other nice features such as the hd screen, 7200 rpm hardrive  etc...),as i usually do, i went to check some reviews of the product, and some user impresions, i found good reviews, and good user impresions (aside from the noisy fan and the computer getting a little hot) i ordered the machine, and i was really happy, since i knew dell was synonym of quality (all dell laptops i've been in touch for like the past 5 years are still up and running as if they were pretty much new, that speaks of quality), anyway, i was real happy that my computer was going to be a dell untill one day a friend of mine came by, and asked me about the computer i ordered, i went to dell's webpage to show, to my surprise, THE COMPUTER WAS NOT LONGER AN OPTION, this kind of worried me, and i did further research, and i came across, that this laptop is a pain in the head, and dell knows it, and they kept on selling it even knowing it for a while, most of the user impresions i read are probably from guys who just took it out of the box, and booted the machine and said "omg, this boots so fast", and now i'm kind of worried, the laptop is still in production, what am i going to do when it arrives? as i'm 99% sure that my computer will have the same issues as the rest of her sisters, will i have to deal with stubborn phone support? telling me that there is nothing wrong with it, even though this issues are documented? will i be lucky as some others have been and get an upgraded laptop (studio 1558), am i going to be told to return it for a refound? will a technician como over and swap thousands of times the mobo just to have the same issues? I've never owned a dell b4, but i'm constantly in touch with them, they could be very basic but really sturdy and durable, a shame that my first dell is going to be adefective model, i as a customer don't want to go through all the friking calling to tech support, but please, let me know what to expect with this computer.

BTW, dell knew about this issue, and they kept selling the computer why? why? why? that speaks awfull of the company, do you care about the customers?

March 17th, 2010 19:00

O, yea, another gross thing from dell toward the customers, now the combo core i7 720qm + ati HD4570 appears as "incompatible" at dell's uk web page, but for me (and i bet many others) there were no choices nor warnings, most decent thing to do from dell would be to assume responsability and recall all the systems, and swap them for one fully functional with smilar specs (not downgrading it, since we paid for atleast the specs we paid for, that means, that receiving something with lower specs would be unacceptable), this could cost thousands of dollars to dell, but for end user is costing a lot too.

No Events found!