Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2009 01:00

Inspiron 1545 webcam driver and application for win 7

From where I can download windows 7 compatible webcam driver and application for my Inspiron 1545. Pls help

4.6K Posts

December 2nd, 2009 02:00

Welcome ot the forums Asif :emotion-21:

You're fortunate to own a laptop model Dell provide Windows 7 specific drivers for!

Select the appropriate OS version (32bit or 64bit) on the main Inspiron 1545 'Drivers & Downloads' page.

The (Creative) webcam drivers are listed under 'Input Device Drivers' :emotion-5:

BTW:  You should've received a 'Webcam Manager' disc with the laptop?  Be sure to install that as well :emotion-55:

1 Message

December 15th, 2009 08:00

In the page 'Drivers & Downloads' there are not any windows 7 drivers for The (Creative) webcam drivers, please someone knows where I can download them?

I can not believe that dell add a webcam in a notebook with windows 7 without drivers for make it work.

107 Posts

December 15th, 2009 15:00

If you select vista as the OS there are both 32 and 64bit drivers available these should work depending on which version of w7 you're using,

1 Message

June 4th, 2010 15:00

pls i need the webcam driver for my dell inspiron 1545, windowa 7 compatible

2 Posts

January 14th, 2011 19:00

Hello,  The drivers posted in this link are for Windows Vista.  Unfortunately, this driver is not compatible with Windows 7.  When I attempt to install, it gives the the following error message:

An error occurred while setting up the driver.

Is there a Windows 7 driver for the 1541?  Again, Windows Vista's driver for the webcam does not function and gives an error.  I have been looking for this driver since Windows 7 was released and have not been able to locate it.

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 15th, 2011 13:00

barberena,

* Right click the Vista driver
* Click Properties
* Click the Compatibilty tab
* Under Compatibility Mode, insert the check, down arrow to Windows Vista
* Click Apply- OK
* Now double-click the driver. Does it now install?

3 Posts

February 6th, 2011 14:00

Jus followup, even though Dell supplied the windows 7 32 bit upgrade, there does not seem to be any support for the webcam by Dell. Has anyone resolved this issue?  Shows a driver for Creative Labs 1.3MP Camera under Vista!

3 Posts

February 6th, 2011 14:00

Sme issue on our Inspiron 1545 It goes through the install process but fails with an error massage, whether Vista compatibility is chosen or not.I Gooled this issue and we are not alone. The cam does not apear under device manager nor do I have any support from Dell. My warranty is up over twi months ago, help - anyone?

7 Posts

February 6th, 2011 15:00

If you are having webcam problems on the 1545 then download Amcap and install, it works just fine. For those with touchpad problems, do not use the Alps or Synaptics drivers from dell, just uninstall the touchpad using the Device Manager and reinstall using Microsoft update, click update driver and select search the web for the driver. Everything works fine. Another tip, always remove the battery when running off the mains power or the battery will be dead within a year, it only lasts 300 charges/discharges.

3 Posts

February 19th, 2011 06:00

Same issue with our 1545. When we installed the Dell supplied Win 7 upgrade, we lost our omboard web cam. Is there a work around available? Help! For the time being we are using a USB cam, but the built in version should work and is (was) easier to use.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 19th, 2011 08:00

ruster00,

When you upgraded your computer to Windows 7 32-bit, did you install the desktop/notebook utility and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order If you cannot find Windows 7 32-bit drivers, then download the Vista 32-bit drivers and install them in the Compatibility mode The desktop/notebook utility has the drivers for the USB Ports, wireless adapters, webcam and the rest of the devices attached to your computer.

After you correct this, then try downloading Dell Webcam Central and the webcam should work.

Rick

1 Message

March 28th, 2011 08:00

hey I am not able to find a driver for my dellwebcam inspiron 1545  window 7, 64-bit. can you help me plz.. :emotion-2:

2 Posts

March 28th, 2011 14:00

OK, I've done just about everything everyone has suggested, and nothing works.  These drivers are broken.

Dell, send me the source code for the Vista driver and I'll port it to Windows 7 x86 and post it here for all to use.

7 Posts

April 16th, 2011 20:00

after searching for hours for the driver on some other web site because dell's driver site is fatally flawed, i got the right driver.  i installed it in vista compatibility mode as suggested, restart computer, sing happy happy joy joy like a maniac thinking my webcam would finally work again while computer restarts, webcam is once again "not found" by skype.   i am very angry. i am very disappointed in Dell as a company at the moment.

7 Posts

April 16th, 2011 20:00

there is none.  this is dell.

No Events found!