Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 26th, 2012 08:00

Inspiron 1545

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to Windows 8 from 7 and I have used the Dell Pc Check up and have an issue. The Targetted  read test came up with "Module failed to start" and the everything else passed. Can anyone help with what this is?

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

November 26th, 2012 08:00

Hi andyhyams,

Based on the given description, the issue seems to be with the hard drive of the computer. To confirm the that we can run PSA (Pre-boot System Assessment) diagnostics on the hard drive.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to intiate PSA diagnostics:

1. Restart the computer and tap F12 key repeatedly at Dell logo screen for One-time boot menu.

2. Use the up/down arrow key highlight “Diagnostics” and press Enter.

Make a note of the error message if any, include it in the reply. Please post the results.

3 Posts

November 26th, 2012 09:00

Hi Nikhil,

Many thanks for your prompt response. I have run the diagnostics and there were no error messages.

Regards,

Andy

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

November 27th, 2012 16:00

Hi andyhyams,

Since the PSA diagnostics passed, the hardware is fine in the computer. Please use the following link to download Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver (Filename: iata_enu.exe): http://intel.ly/V4VXNg

Run the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. Restart the computer.

Try to run the test on the hard drive using PC Checkup software.

If issue persists, we will have to reinstall PC Checkup.

Kindly let me know the results.

No Events found!