Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 3rd, 2016 21:00

Inspiron 7000 Series 7559 Keyboard and Power Button Failure

About once every month, my laptop keyboard will freeze up out of nowhere. It doesn't matter what I'm doing at the moment. However, at the same time, the power button also stops responding. In order to turn off my computer, I have to unscrew the panel under my laptop and unplug the battery cable. After re-plugging the cable in and rebooting, my laptop works fine... until the next time the keyboard fails and I have to do everything described above again.

I have attempted factory resets and system restores but nothing I have done seems to resolve the issue. I suspect that the issue may be related to the actual keyboard's hardware but I am hesitant about opening up my laptop unless it's actually necessary.

Anyone who has experienced this problem or has any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I can post specific specs if needed but here is a screenshot of some of my general specifications: i.gyazo.com/da92a4946a6acafa272ec0811f14c5e3.png

7 Posts

November 4th, 2016 05:00

I am having the same issue. Updating the bios hasn't solved anything. Calling support now to have the system replaced

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 4th, 2016 11:00

Thank you for your message. 

Does the computer heat up or do you hear a loud fan noise when this happen?

Please run a hardware diagnostic to check if there is any hardware causing this error

Follow this link http://dell.to/2fpmt5F; to know how to run diagnostic.

Please update the bios & chipset driver from this link http://dell.to/1SZoqSB (enter your

service tag)

Have you tried connecting an external key to see if the issue persists?

5 Posts

November 29th, 2016 20:00

Hello Sreejith,

It has been almost a month or so since this post and I have experienced the same freezing again. I don't think an external keyboard will fix the problem because when my laptop freezes, everything stops working, even the mouse becomes unresponsive. I did a hardware scan and nothing was out of the ordinary. Is it possible that any software programs could cause a problem as random as this?

No Events found!