Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 20th, 2016 13:00

Inspiron 7720 unseated harddrive and video card error code 2000-0332

Hi all,

For past month, ive had issue with unseated HDD. When it first happened, I ran diagnostics in BIOS which didnt recognise a HDD and also gave me video card error code 2000-0332 "video memory integrity test discrepancy".

I took out HDD and slotted it back in. Laptop booted windows fine. Its happened on and off for past month but now seems to be permanent. Tried using the other HDD dock but it still wont recognise the drive. Basically is it likely that the HDD is fried? Also, I am hoping that the fact I can load in BIOS is a sign that the motherboard is fine, would that be an accurate assumption?

Edit - can stripped screws be removed with the right pliers?

Thanks,

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 22nd, 2016 08:00

Hi Cormac,

I would suggest you to check the Hard drive on the other slot available on the computer.. 

Also, check if the hard drive works on a different system.

3 Posts

November 22nd, 2016 11:00

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the other slot and still didnt work. Also tried in an external caddy while connected to a different laptop, still didnt load.

I am hoping this is more a good sign that motherboard isn't fried. Is the fact I can still get into Bios a good sign?

Thanks

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 29th, 2016 12:00

Hi Cormac,

Sorry for the delayed response.The issue seems to be with the hard drive replace it.

No Events found!