Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

February 10th, 2010 18:00

Inspiron E1505 laptop Fn+F1 no longer causes laptop to hibernate

Inspiron E1505 with Win-XP installed

a)  On original ship of E1505 (from Dell with Win-XP SP2) Fn+F1 did cause the E1505 to hibernate. I have not upgraded to WinXP SP3)

b)  Now…Fn+F1 no longer causes laptop to hibernate…. That is the problem.

c)  Fn+F2 still turns wireless antenna ON/OFF.

d)  Fn+F3 still displays battery status.

e)  Start, Control Panel, Power Options. Click on the Hibernate tab at the top. I verified that the "enable hibernation" box is checked.

f)  I verified that Dell Quickset is installed and does list (press Fn+F1) to hibernate.

g)  No new software installed.

h)   E1505 will still "hibernate" by using the START menu.

I really, really miss the Fn+F1 shortcut.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks, TF342

1 Message

March 7th, 2010 06:00

I am having the same problem and have not been able to find a solution anywhere yet.  Surley someone has an answer.

dthomasberger

March 8th, 2010 10:00

My husband finally located an answer via a Google search. It was actually on the Microsoft website (yes, that Microsoft). The link is http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/getstarted/hibernate.mspx   this works for Win-XP, unsue on other op. systems.Somehow, the "enable hibernation" became unchecked. He checked the box, re-booted...Fn+F1 works (again) to put my laptop into hibernation.

You must be logged on to your computer with an owner account in order to complete this procedure.

1.   Open Power Options in Control Panel. (Click Start, click Control Panel, and then (double-click Performance and Maint  or)…click  Power Options.)

2.         Click the Hibernate tab, select the Enable hibernate support check box, and then click Apply.

If the Hibernate tab is unavailable, your computer does not support this feature.

YEA !

No Events found!