Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

January 1st, 2008 02:00

Mouse Freezing

I have an Inspirion 1721 and my external mouse continually freezes up?

January 2nd, 2008 15:00

is it usb?  me too.  let me know what you find.  here's my post:

2 Posts

January 2nd, 2008 16:00

Mike--Thanks alot--So just go to the dell site and update the drivers??

January 2nd, 2008 19:00

Actually, I was just trying to join forces with you.  My issue is still unresolved.  but yes, make sure you have the latest chipset drivers especially.

1 Message

January 27th, 2008 20:00

I am having similar problems on a Dell E510 I bought 2 years ago.  I run Windows XP Home Edition SP2.  The mouse is the one that came with the system.  It carries the Dell label but is manufactured by Logitech.  It is a simple ball driven mouse, and is USB attached.  I have cleaned the rollers that the ball drives within an inch of their lives, and uninstalled and reinstalled the mouse.  There don't appear to be any later drivers on the Dell support web site.   

January 27th, 2008 21:00

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my issue is chipset / usb driver related, as I have tried many different mice and keyboard combinations.  I think Dell just stopped testing for the machines that aren't for sale anymore, and we're left on our own.

1 Message

September 2nd, 2008 13:00

I have an Inspiron 1720, Vista Home edition. The USB mouse constantly freezes. Touch Pad works fine. I have lastest BIOS version. I have tried several (4) USB mice (wireless and wired), all act the same. I tried uninstalling USB ports and USB contollers, no change. I have installed all updates from Dell. I am A+ certified but for Win98, this Vista works like chitt. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rosair.
No Events found!