Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 26th, 2009 15:00

New Hard drive on a DELL Inspirion 1545 after only 3 months

Can anyone help please?  I have just collected my DELL Inspirion 1545 from PC World after having had a new hard drive installed on my laptop that is only 3 months old.  After several atempts I have finally got my wireless internet connection working but there a few things that appear to be missing.

I seem to have lost my DELL tool bar, the use of my camera & my service ID no longer seems to work in order for me to get some technical help from DELL.  Does anyone know how I can get my toolbar back as I found it really useful, I was advised by the guy in PC World that it's a tool bar unique to DELL & I've had a standard build done on my laptop .  So who knows what else I am now missing!!!  I also can't seem to find anything to get my built in camera working again.

I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get my laptop returned with the same build as it went in but I do have the 'proper Vista software', apparently this is normal ............is it?? 

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

November 26th, 2009 16:00

Normally, when Dell replaces the hard drive, you get a new one configured just like the original, including the Dell recovery partition.  Apparently "PC World" (wherever that is) did not do that.  Is PC World the Dell repair center referred to you by Dell for your Country?  After only 3 months it is still in warranty and you should contact Dell to see if you can get the proper hard drive and configuration. 

On a new install the correct and required install sequence is (1) Install Windows (2) Install Dell Laptop Desktop Software (3) Install chipset drivers (4) Install device drivers including sound, video, etc.

The Dell downloads for the I1545 is HERE   including the System Software, chipset drivers (two drivers), etc.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

November 26th, 2009 16:00

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?docid=347576

is the procedure they should have followed.

Whether they did that is anyone's guess.

2 Posts

November 26th, 2009 23:00

Thank You I really appreciate the replies. 

No Events found!