Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

September 23rd, 2007 13:00

No Audio - Audio System Event

Hi, Just purchased a new inspiron 1520.  When I turn on the computer I get an Pop Up that states Audio System Event.    Location: Left Panel,   Description: Black Jack

I called service and they had me reinstall drivers but I still cant get any audio....

Can anyone help me????

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 24th, 2007 01:00

I hadn't heard about that popup message before.

If it didn't do this the first time you booted up, using PC Restore should fix it.

If it did it since the first start up, I'd think about contacting Dell again to make it right. They should have sent one with the audio in working condition in the first place.

Jim

2 Posts

October 3rd, 2007 03:00

Don't know if this will help with your problem or not but, I just recently upgraded my Inspiron 1501 Vista Basic to Vista Premiun and when I did, I had no sound.  It kept telling me No Audio Device Install.  Everywhere I went it told me to redownload my Audio drivers and I did (3 times) with no luck.  This was driving me crazy.  I then, happened across Cnet and found a story that said to uninstall my Audio and to uninstall my modem.  To be safe, I saved my audio driver and my modem driver on disk and then, uninstalled my audio and modem and restarted my computer.  To my surprise when my computer started back up it automatically looked for drivers on my computer for my audio and modem, it reinstalled them and now everything works.  Don't know why it works, but it does and I'm glad because it was about to drive me crazy.  Maybe, this will help with your problem.

1 Message

November 14th, 2007 17:00

Have you found a solution for this yet? The same exact thing is happening with my e1405
No Events found!