Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

September 30th, 2013 09:00

Retrofit 6430u to work with D5000 WiGig dock - Dell won't sell me the part!

I purchased some Dell 6430u laptops from Dell. At the time I spoke to the account manager and asked him for the wireless dock. He told me that there were problems with the wireless dock so it was best not to order them.

When I went back later to get them ordered I've been told I'd need to order a whole new Dell 6430u with the WiGIG card and the wireless dock. I explained to my account manager that I can go onto Dell's website in the States and order the card along with the dock, so don't really understand why they can't sell me it. I work for a computer organisation so opening laptops and other computer hardware is no issue for us, we have a clean environment with anti-static workbenches. 

If another antenna is needed then supply that part along with it!!! It's really frustrating considering I know someone who has had 8 cards delivered and has them installed and working.

Should I just ask for a new Dell Account manager or should I maybe consider another vendor altogether?

September 30th, 2013 09:00

OK update is that the lid on the laptop that they provided does not have the 3 antennas to allow me to install the part ... surely the account manager is at fault here considering I wanted to order the laptop with the Dock but he told me not to because it had problems. I'm a bit reluctant to order any more laptops now, I have 3 I want to order but this has totally put me off.

Lets see if the account manager will change the lid then.

No Events found!