Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2016 00:00

Service Tags not recognised by Dell Support Portal

I have two Inspiron 15 5000 series approx 2 years old each with 3 year Premium Warranty. Up until recently the service tags for the Laptops have been valid in the Dell Support portal but now they are not.

Regardless of whether I key the service tag or use autodeteect, the service tags are not recognised by Dell.

This occurred just after I ordered a third Inspiron 15 5000 series a few days ago. I am concerned that Dell have somehow messed up my account information.

I rang support and told them the story and they said they will pass the information on to the relevant departments/teams but did not give me a reference number or anything to be able to follow this up. Not impressed at all with this approach.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

December 19th, 2016 09:00

You are not alone. I am having the same problem with a less than one year old, 7000 series laptop. If it ain't one thing than its something else it seems.

December 19th, 2016 14:00

Yes that seems the case. I now cannot access the delivery address details on the latest order with a  "you are not authorised" response. The order tracking function is also reporting "We are experiencing difficulties in getting tracking details about your order. Please try again later". This since my last post yesterday evening and still this morning. Come on Dell, someone from Dell must be monitoring this forum so why not step in and help sort this problem.

No Events found!