Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 3rd, 2011 15:00

Studio XPS 1640 No Video connection through hdmi.

There are a lot of forums out there on the hdmi not giving any sound connection. My problem is that no tv or projector has been able to connect to my computer. I am sure the cable is good. I have seen other computers sync video and sound with the exact same configuration. When I try to connect all I get is either the tv or projector will not even find the laptop or it will say "not Support." I used to be able to connect to my tv at home and any projector just fine but I upgraded to windows 7 and the problems started a while after that. Could be just coincidence though. I have a studio xps 1640 /Windows 7 64bit/ ati mobility radeon 4670 1gb. All drivers up to date. just a bit confused if I am missing something here.

3.8K Posts

April 6th, 2011 09:00

Hi Bryson145,

Welcome to the Community. To ensure that the display options appear correctly, connect the TV to the computer before you enable the display settings.

Click Start-Control Panel-Apperance and Personalization, Under personalization click on Adjust Screen Resolution. The Display Properties window will appear. Click Advanced, click the tab for your video card, that was shipped with your system. In the display devices section, select the appropriate option for using either a single display or multiple displays, ensuring that the display settings are correct for your selection.

The hot key to move from TV to laptop is Fn+F8.

Hope this helps

Thank you

Royan 

2 Posts

December 25th, 2011 09:00

I"m having the same problem and it continues after I have applied your suggest, Royan, I have no options in the display devices section.

No Events found!