Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 25th, 2011 23:00

Studio XPS 1640 Throttling- UNRESOLVED FROM 1 YEAR

I received my laptop a year ago. At that time, I had throttling issues and 90W adapter, so I ordered 130W. But the issue isn't resolved.

I am having same issues even after updating the BIOS to A15 and the charger I have is already 130 W. Here at DELL India, I had to make understand, the Technical support, what do I mean by "Throttling"

If that wasn't enough, I had to make them understand how I logged the throttlestop results and that this wasn't a software issue, where this whole process took more than 1 month and even now they are not supportive.

They made me format my computer for more than 3 times after replacing a new motherboard.

The issue has been forwarded to the escalation department, and now they have no answers, even from the senior managers. Now they want me to send my laptop to their service station which would take around 20 days in examining the laptop. They are not even ready to provide me a standby laptop.

They have told me that this issue has been forwarded to the R&D department.

They are asking me to send the laptop to their station, which could take 20+ days. They are not ready to provide me with a standby laptop.

I need to ask this , even after knowing that this issue is with every Studioxps 1640, why so they need my laptop? And if they don't know what "Throttling" is , and they understood ABC of throttling from me, what problem are they going to look for when I send them the laptop?

No Responses!
No Events found!