Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 6th, 2015 07:00

Touchpad issues in Dell Inspiron 11 3147 (Windows 10)

I'm having many issues with my touchpad/trackpad.

- Touchpad loses its function (scrolling, gestures) after using for a while or after sleep/standby mode.

- Touchpad keeps freezing, the pointer constantly stops moving for a short period, like 5 seconds (but I can still do right click) only when I use touchpad. I can still use external mouse normally.

Hope someone can help.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

October 6th, 2015 14:00

If you haven't done so already I suggest updating the touchpad driver, you may download it here <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>.

TB

6 Posts

October 9th, 2015 09:00

Sorry, I have the latest driver and it doesn't fix the problem. Need to try something else.

2 Posts

October 9th, 2015 10:00

My  touch pad problems on an Inspiron 15 (3542 Win 10) were solved by NOT installing the Dell driver and using the Microsoft HID compliant mouse drivers. Not as many configurable functions but at least it works all of the time.  I did this during an OS reinstall so am not sure if uninstalling the Dell driver will cause the Microsoft drivers to load. Make sure you have  a USB mouse handy.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

October 9th, 2015 12:00

As a test then completely uninstall the touchpad driver and restart the notebook. With just the standard Windows mouse driver installed advanced functions of the touchpad like gestures wont be available but normal use of the touchpad will.  Check to see if the touchpad stops freezing.

If removing the driver doesn't make a difference you may wish to contact tech support in your area and request a possible service.  If you are in the US send me a direct message and I will be happy to research possible service options.

If after removing the driver, the touchpad starts to work better then replacing the touchpad is unlikely to help.  Download and reinstall the touchpad driver and test again.

TB

2 Posts

November 15th, 2015 16:00

I had the same problem, and I fixed it by installing the I2C Celeron Processor driver. You can download it here: www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

April 17th, 2016 11:00

I am having the same issue on the Inspiron 11 (i3 6th generation). Did anyone find a fix for the issue?

1 Message

August 26th, 2016 08:00

Looks like I am not the only one!

I have got an Inspiron 11 3000 2-in-1 series and I have got the same problem. After waking up from sleep the touchpad doesn't wake up or if it does, the sensitivity settings are just messed up. I have to reboot the whole computer again to get it back working in order. Luckily mine is a touchscreen so most of the the time I can get around. But being just a 2 months old laptop it is very disappointing.

I contacted Dell support this morning and the guy has reinstalled the driver and this evening I have lost the entire touchpad. I have restarted it couple of times but still no luck!

Is it a Dell hardware problem?

2 Posts

August 26th, 2016 21:00

This fixed my problem:

1. Search for "update device drivers" without the quotes in the taskbar

2. open up the "system devices" tab

3. double click on "intel serial IO I2c es controller

4. click "update driver" in the drivers tab

5. select "browse my computer.."

6. select "let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

7. select "intel i2c Controller"

8. Restart computer

That fixed it for me, but I'm not sure if it will work for you.

No Events found!