Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 6th, 2012 02:00

Vostro 3500 boot issue (doesn't boot at all)

Hello all,

I've a problem booting my Vostro 3500: it doesn't boot at all. When I press the power button, it lights white and multimedia keys (play, stop, previous ...) start ligthing white from right to left, then to right again. I can hear some sound inside the laptop (¿fans or hd?) and that's all. After a few seconds the computer faints (switches off) completely. No Dell Splash Screen, no LED Error Codes (numeric keypad, caps lock, scroll lock ligths) and steady blank screen. No external devices are plugged to the laptop.

Things I've tried so far with no results:

- all combinations of battery/power cord
- removing memory modules and hard drive
- connecting an external screen
- booting with/without a cd in the optical drive

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 6th, 2012 03:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. Sounds like a Hardware issue. When you tried an external monitor did you do the FN+F8 (this is to toggle and select diplay mode)? If not, please test the external monitor and do FN+F8 combination keys. If you see a display in the external monitor, it means that LCD screen is bad. If nothin appeared on the screen, possible that its motherboard and lcd issue.

Hope this helps, for further troubleshooting and for warranty service please contact regional technical support.

Thanks,

No Events found!