Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

R

June 19th, 2008 21:00

Xps M1730 and dell tv tuner don't work together in XP.

Yeah I posted this in that other forum and I was told it got closed because I posted my email. My bad.

I guess ill start again.

I am experiencing the same problem and the other poster. I have a Dell Xps M1730 and the dell tv tuner came with it.

There seems to be no driver for it for xp.

Also there is no driver for the remote control hub they sent me. Says missing with a yellow "?" in device manager says missing "Bungle+mm"?? 

4.6K Posts

June 20th, 2008 04:00

Have you visited the downloads section, and downloaded/reinstalled the TV Tuner and RC software?

June 20th, 2008 13:00

Yes i have been there.

Vista has 8 video drivers.

XP only has 3.

I am running xp.

Used the resource disk which actually had some video drivers.

But they arent the one for this dell model. They did not fully instal because they

asked for the device to be plugged in and the dell tv tuner was the wrong device.

Model Dell External USB NTSC/ATSC Tv Tuner. 

4.6K Posts

June 21st, 2008 10:00

There's a Windows XP driver here.

It's meant for the M1710, but the laptop model won't matter.

Alternatively... see if you can find one among this lot?

June 21st, 2008 15:00

Apparently the type of laptop does matter. I tried the M1710 nothing happened after driver was installed, no setup or anything. And i have my Tv tune plugged in...

June 22nd, 2008 18:00

Still no solve.

June 23rd, 2008 15:00

Hi Richard, well i wish i had good news for you but i also purchased a tv tuner for my 1730 with xp pro only to find out from Dell that that tuner does not work with XP pro only Media center or Vista (Windows issue not hardware).

The good news was while i was finding this out with dells tech support the tech sent me to , http://www.snapstream.com/ which is software that does TV tuning and is the very best on the market. Now i did have to buy the software myself but Dell compensated me (i financed my computer and they deducted the price i payed for the snapstream in full instantly over the phone)

Trust me it was a great deal i ended up more or less getting a TV tuner for free and the best PVR software on the market.

PS: Note that Snapstream comes with a free remote that does more then change the channels (pictures media etc)

Message Edited by CaptnCarnage on 06-23-2008 01:23 PM

June 24th, 2008 11:00

Which product did you get specificly that works for our laptop?

June 24th, 2008 15:00

snapstreams "Beyond TV" is the program and it supports hundreds of TV tuners. its the software and drivers that windows XP doesnt have and that windows media center does (not the same similar and better) Windows XP just doesnt do TV tuners unless its there media center version which you cant buy or upgrade to anymore and is OEM only and is discontinued
No Events found!