Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 2nd, 2013 07:00

dell inspiron n5110 lag spikes

i have been getting lag spikes on my laptop while playing games like minecraft when previously i could play it with no lag at all, i've read about people being able to play games like skyrim on the exact same laptop. The only solution i found was to uninstall and reinstall my graphics card driver, however, i don't know what would happen after the driver is uninstalled since i only have the one graphics card (intel hd graphics family). Is this a good idea and what would happen after the driver was uninstalled and what is the proper procedure.

1.5K Posts

May 2nd, 2013 08:00

Hi Superultimateay,

You are on the right track. Uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics driver should help in this case. The correct procedure would be as follows:

• Remove the application from ’Control Panel’ -> ‘Programs and Features’.
  • Uninstall the driver from ‘Device manager’
  • Restart the system and Windows will automatically load the generic drivers for graphics card.
  • Then you may reinstall the latest drivers from the link: http://dell.to/1316O18

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any further questions. 

May 2nd, 2013 14:00

Which application should a remove since their are a number by intel, and none of them look like the driver application and the only ones that could have a relation would be the display audio driver and control panel.

1.5K Posts

May 3rd, 2013 09:00

Hi Superultimateay,

The application should be named as Intel HD graphics. Please share the screenshot of ‘Programs and Features’ window, if possible and I will find the correct application for you.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist further.

May 3rd, 2013 10:00

As you can see there is no application named intel hd graphics.

1.5K Posts

May 6th, 2013 12:00

Hi Superultimateay,

It seems that there is no separate application for Intel HD Graphics card. This is because it is an integrated graphics card. You may go ahead and uninstall it directly from ‘Device Manager’.  Perform rest of the steps as mentioned above.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted with the results.

May 7th, 2013 10:00

the spikes have gotten slightly better however they are still there, i have not noticed however, that the bottom of the laptop gets exceedingly hot playing a game such as league of legends or minecraft, i have cleaned the fan recently, would i have to replace the thermal paste as well?

1.5K Posts

May 7th, 2013 13:00

Hi Superultimateay,

Thank you for the reply.As you have already cleaned the air vents, replacing the thermal paste seems to be a good idea. I would also suggest you to use a cooling pad. That should keep the system cool while playing games and using other high end graphics applications.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for any further questions.

May 21st, 2013 14:00

It seems now that the ram is overheating, how do i stop this?

1.5K Posts

May 22nd, 2013 04:00

Hi Superultimateay,

Most of the times the overheating issue is related to the heatsink fan or the graphics card, RAM usually don’t get overheated. You may update the system BIOS. Please refer to the link: http://dell.to/16NMJjg.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist further.

June 1st, 2013 06:00

nope...it still got lag spike on GPU...but abit less than last time... 

1.5K Posts

June 1st, 2013 06:00

Hi TheLootking,

Please share the system model and the operating system. Please elaborate the issue you are facing with the system and also the troubleshooting steps performed till now, if any.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you.

June 1st, 2013 11:00

My lappy problem :Graphic Lag Spike when playin Game every 5-10 sec....the os DX, and other stuff for windows all up-to-date, all driver install and up todate as well, still im havin the same problem even after i format my lappy, even i buy new ram still the same.....after update my bios/cmos it became less spike Lag...but still it still have the lag

Dell Inspiron 15R n5110

intel i7-2670qm @ 2.2Ghz

OS Win 7 Ultimate  64Bit

Ram 8gb

should i post the dxdiag?

June 1st, 2013 23:00

it ok i found the answer for my own probem...after configuring and some head bangin to da wall......

Graphic Lag Spike cause by internal intel gpu+ nvidia gpu.....soo i just use Nvidia GPU on Nvidia control panel >> Manage 3D Setting >>Preferred GPU >> "High-performence NVIDIA Prosessor"

Thx for your time for listening my complaint....

June 3rd, 2013 15:00

It seems that the lag spikes are caused by the integrated intel graphics card taking lootking's solution into account, is there a fix for the graphics card?

June 4th, 2013 05:00

i dunno never once check at intel for latest update....or maybe i mod my heatsink......Bigger...beside my warrenty already expired....LOL

No Events found!