Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

May 10th, 2015 10:00

how to operate XPS-12 in docking-station mode

Hi,

at home I'm using my XPS-12 on a Toshiby dynadock U3 docking station which works really well.

So I have an external monitor, external keyboard, external mouse. I would really like to have the laptop cover closed (as with laptops with a "real docking station") for operation.

I so far did not manage the xps-12 to behave in the way I would like it to do:

-when connected to the dynadock, cover is closed

-standby operation initiated by the xps-12 switch

-waking up the device with xps-12 power switch (does not work with cover closed, only when the disply is in tablet mode)

Any ideas would be welcome

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

May 11th, 2015 10:00

You can try going into power options in the control panel and configure the notebook to “do nothing” when closing the lid.

TB

4 Posts

May 11th, 2015 11:00

I already did so.

This works insofar as I can close the lid and the XPS will stay active.

But what is annoying is that the power button does not turn on the System when the lid is closed.

It only works either if I turn the Display so that the Laptop is in tablet mode or I Need to open the lid a bit when switching on.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

May 11th, 2015 12:00

That is a good point, the system will not start after a cold boot (outside of tablet mode) with the lid closed.  I unfortunately, don't have a method that will change that behavior. I don't know of any way that will get the system to start from a cold boot with the lid closed.

No Events found!