Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 3rd, 2013 11:00

inspiron 5520 touch pad and keyboard issue

hi I have a problem with my dell inspiron 5520 model .It purchased exactly one year back.Now its touch pad some times suddenly stops and some times work smoothly.also its some times I cant scroll up in webpages even with mouse or touch pad ; the scroll bar in the right side of webpage always trying to come bottom, after keep on trying some time later it may scroll up .Now I have some issue with keyboard also  = sign some times get typed even if I typing some other keys if am again type the key it will appear correctly .also some time = sign appear in more time repeatedly even if i am not typing anything .some one please help me. I uninsulated the OS and freshly loaded the driver using the recovery cd I repeated the driver installation 2 or 3 times but no use .the mouse I am using is a wireless mouse provided with laptop from dell 

July 3rd, 2013 11:00

Hi jerins,

You may try installing the updated Touchpad driver from Here and see if it helps.

Also, for the keyboard issue, please check for dust in keyboard keys. Try using compressed air can to clean the keyboard.

You may also try reseating the keyboard. For step by step instructions on replacing/installing parts, you may refer to Owner's manual Here.

Note : Please follow the safety instructions given in manual before replacing/installing parts.

If the issue persists, keyboard and touchpad replacement might be required. 

If your system is in warranty, you may provide the service tag of the computer and the name as it appears on the account via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) so that I can check the further course of action.

If the warranty has expired, you may contact Out of Warranty department on 1-800-288-4410 (applicable for USA). Let me know if you are in a different country.

Hope this helps.

No Events found!