Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 15th, 2011 13:00

web cam and microphone are not working....

i have a dell 1545 laptop which is about 2 years old. and i am using window vista. from last few days web cam and microphone are not working. when i click in the web cam icon then it shows warning on webcam window "please plug in a supporting device". as well as microphone also not working.

is it a software related issue or hardware problem..please suggest me

5 Posts

August 22nd, 2011 13:00

my camera worked fine for almost a year... when i started using SKYPE, that's when i noticed my web camera wasn't working as well, and then i started getting that evil error message, "PLEASE PLUG IN A SUPPORTING DEVICE"!!! i tried reinstalling software for the camera as well... someone suggested holding my finger next to.the camera where the light comes on... and it did light up and work for a few seconds... someone also suggested different links for device drivers, but i had the original drivers, which i did install, but nothing worked!!! i had to send my computer back to dell (thank GOD it was still under warranty) they sent it back and it still wasn't working, so they had to send it back out, and i made sure it worked before it left bestbuy... MAKE SURE YOU CHECK IT SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE LEAVING THE STORE...

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

August 22nd, 2011 13:00

Does the webcamera show up in the device manager?

No Events found!