Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 11th, 2021 06:00

Family Pack Downloader

I just reloaded Windows on my machine and went to download and install the Family Pack Downloader. The forum page where it was listed previously isn't found, and I can't find a link anywhere else.

I eventually found a Google Archive of the page and manually navigated to the file storage location. There's still files there, but not the installer. Has it been discontinued, or is (HOPEFULLY) a new version coming?

Thanks!
Wayne

• 

298 Posts

November 16th, 2022 13:00

Family Pack Downloader has not been prioritized to be brought back this year. However, SHIR “Self-Healing Image Recovery” has been released to cloud-recover the “Generic” & “Ready Image”. Development for custom image recovery via SHIR is underway & is slated for early next year.

For customers who found the Family Pack Downloader useful, we ask that you inform your sales teams of its benefit to your business as a Dell customer. Your account team can share your feedback with Warren Byle, who directs Dell's global imaging offers.

Family Driver Packs remain available at www.dell.com/familypacks

Thank you all for your input and patience.

February 11th, 2021 07:00

Thanks for your query, I am pleased to hear that the Family Pack Downloader was of value to your organization. Dell ImageAssist recently went through a complete code overhaul with the release of ImageAssist version X. The family pack downloader is going through a similar overhaul and re-architecture.

Feedback like yours helps us prioritize these efforts.

Jesse Leftwich 

ImageAssist Product Manager

1 Message

July 27th, 2021 11:00

Any idea when the software would be available again? 

July 27th, 2021 12:00

No ETA yet Jeremy, thanks for hitting the post and keeping the visibility. I too would like to get this out there for you guys to use. 

regards,

JL

4 Posts

September 28th, 2021 03:00

Hi there. Any info?

September 28th, 2021 08:00

I had hoped to have a date for this feature's return by now. At this time there is no date, but it remains a targeted capability to return to our customers. Thanks for the message!

-Jesse

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

October 8th, 2021 00:00

@Plasti 

Please press the blue Accept as Solution button below if this post answers your question.

Dell family driver packs

The driver packs on this page work with Dell ImageAssist, KACE, MDT and SCCM deployments. They are consolidated, combining models by generation rather than being model specific. These packs are developed and sustained by Dell's Global Configuration Services group. Report Driver Pack Issue

NOTE: For Windows 7 and M.2 NVMe native support refer to the following articles:

Custom Images, OEM Images, MDT 2013, SCCM 2007, SCCM 2012

More information on NVMe @ http://www.dell.com/nvme-support

1 Message

October 29th, 2021 07:00

this is not really a solution but a work around, the tool was a lot handier for maintaining multiple device driver repositories and this just makes it a much more manual process, not everyone's devices can hit the internet for downloads, and even if they could not everyone wants them to due to other constraints so an easy download tool was beneficial and the retirement without a real solution is a large oversight by Dell

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

November 29th, 2021 09:00

Hi Jesse,

Where do we get an older version of the software? 

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

December 1st, 2021 07:00

Agreed!

1 Message

December 20th, 2021 13:00

Any update on when this will be available again?

December 20th, 2021 13:00

This functionality unfortunately remains in backlog, without a date. 

regards,

Jesse

January 13th, 2022 10:00

At this time, Family Pack Downloader feature was pulled from current roadmap for CY ’22. There is ongoing dialogue and efforts to meet your requests, yet currently the new Windows 11 support and other exciting new capabilities have consumed development focus.  

21 Posts

June 26th, 2022 08:00

I wanted to ping this topic again as it's been a while.  These are the sorts of tools that I point to along with Imageassist of course that I always point to when someone asks me why Dell?  That downloader is sorely missed.

June 28th, 2022 12:00

I can't believe Dell still hasn't released a new version. Are we going 2 years with no replacement? I was fortunate to still have the original installer, but the latest models are not listed there. The downloader still works. If anyone would like a copy, please DM me.

This link is useful for locating the driver packs manually.

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000124139/dell-command-deploy-driver-packs-for-enterprise-client-os-deployment?lang=en 

No Events found!