Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

3 Posts

July 16th, 2019 09:00

Preparing an image for Autopilot

We're using InTune autopilot to setup the devices instead of an unattend. However, the IA capture tool fails if there is no unattend.xml file in C:\Windows\Panther. If the image is setup with an unattend config, it does not configure with Autopilot when booting up after the sysprep. What is the process for capturing an image to be enrolled in InTune Autopilot?

52 Posts

July 16th, 2019 12:00

If using DIA to create the unattend.xml file, it is recommended to edit the unattend.xml and delete the entire oobeSystem pass, so that it does not interfere w/ Auotpilot. You can create the unattend.xml in DIA from the "Direct Tool Links" then "Unattend.xml Creator". Remove it from the c:\windows\panther folder. Remove the OOBE section (from and including  Settings pass=oobeSystem to and including settings which is just past "registered owner name"  then when running DIA "guide me" import the new unattend.xml. 

1 Message

April 21st, 2022 09:00

I had the same problem. This solved it for me.

Thanks!

52 Posts

May 24th, 2022 09:00

While this process does work for some individuals, we have also had others experience some issues post deployment. Please note Dell cannot support this work around working in all circumstances.

• 

306 Posts

May 24th, 2022 11:00

Dell's Ready Image is the recommended & preferred solution for Autopilot. More at the following URL

https://www.dell.com/readyimage

Thanks,

Tyler

No Events found!